GDT: DEVILS vs BLUE JACKETS || 7pm NWA || Game 45

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Two decent periods + one garbage period = loss

I think they were actually bad in the first period and okay in the second.

Like the Jackets had about as many chances as the Devils in the second. Perhaps the finishing and goaltending was on the Devils side, or maybe it was bounces. For whatever reason the replays aren't up on the NHL site right now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
As far as lines go, moneypuck matches my eye.

This was a good one for Texier - Kuraly - Danforth. 28-7 in shot attempts! I'd like to see them heat up.

Johnson-Voronkov-Marchenko had some terrific shifts and just didn't get rewarded.

Gaudreau-Sillinger-Chinakhov started strong and then faded a bit. Is Silly tuckered out trying to keep up?

Fantilli-Jenner-Roslovic, I don't know what that line is. Fantilli had a nice chance or two but isn't pushing play much, and Jenner is getting used to his cage.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Worst part of the game for me was Johnny ruining 50% off Jets pizza by being so damn far offsides :thumbd:
He wasn't the only one. There were 2 people offsides if I recall but I only saw the replay one time.

Siting about 10 rows behind the Devils bench and seeing the speed and action fairly up close. the Devils were absolutely winning battles. I thought NJ was even a bit in control in the 1st period but just never got one in. The obviously fixed that early in the 2nd.

The Devils defense is not great but they really locked down in front of Vanecek. He made some good stops and they never allowed the CBJ good opportunities to put loose pucks or rebounds in all night.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
To the game:

Marchenko and Chinakhov no longer have above average %SH. While I like their versatility, such as their showcase play, the fact that Chinny can play PK, someone has to score goals. Chinny has 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 10 games, Marchenko has 1 goal (on the PP) and 2 assists in his last 10 games. Since Cole is not a goal scorer, if Chinny doesn't return his scoring shape, the Gaudreau - Sillinger - Chinakhov line will have big problems to score, especially if Johnny is a playmaker who needs a sniper.

Boone played very well. I just don't know if Roslovic is ideal in that line. If true, I am not sure if the team needs him.

The fourth line was excellent, especially Danforth, unfortunately their shooting qualities are below average.

I'm liking Boqvist more and more. I hope they don't trade him.

Elvis hasn't played better than Tarasov. He was just lucky the Devils didn't have the scoring opportunities the Jets and Krakens did.

Of course I can be wrong.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
To the game:

Elvis hasn't played better than Tarasov. He was just lucky the Devils didn't have the scoring opportunities the Jets and Krakens did.
:huh:

Not sure I follow. The Devils pretty much dominated this game and took advantage of their scoring opportunities while barely letting Columbus have any.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
:huh:

Not sure I follow. The Devils pretty much dominated this game and took advantage of their scoring opportunities while barely letting Columbus have any.
The Krakens and especially the Jets had much better quality chances or as good as the Devils.
They dominated in the second period. That was a chainsaw massacre. The first and especially the third was not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad