Confirmed with Link: Devils trade #77 for RW Beau Bennett

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I want to like this but I have no reason to believe Bennett will be even an upgrade over DSP, much less an NHL top six winger. The Penguins have needed wings for years and this guy can't click on a team with Crosby and Malkin.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
You guys get a good player if he stays healthy. Hope he can have a season without injury once and make you guys happy. Have fun with Beau :)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Biggest issue is his health. If he can stay healthy, this should be a good move with the change of scenery and new opportunity for him.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
He's got ability, just needs to stay healthy. If he can do that he can provide some depth at RW and buy the Devils time to find and build up the roster rather than overpaying too many FAs or rushing kids.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
You guys are getting a good player. Now that we traded him he'll most likely play all 82 games and score 20 goals.

Group Chat Legend*

Why him and not Yakupov?...

Bad player imo, but i guess theres the chance it works out?

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nice for Shero and Bennett to get a second chance at this. I hope things work out better for Beau with a fresh start. He's a very good all-around player, a really smart playmaker, and an underrated skater and scorer. Hope he does well, and he could turn out to be a very valuable player. It was just never going to happen in Pittsburgh and he lost a ton of confidence. I think the Devils could be a good team and a good situation for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad