Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Devils Twitter as a whole comes across as extremely cringey. One constant shit post after another. But I guess that is the supposed appeal these days rather than actual discussion.

There’s a reason I have that guy on mute.

You’re better off lol

I must have like half of Devils twitter muted.
Most of them are idiots.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

“Slap on the wrist” lol
A4593EF9-F0E3-45D8-87B8-2129F716A922.jpeg

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Why? If we didn't bring petty arguments from other platforms this place would be so boring. Everyone just agreeing about everything and complimenting each other all the time..
I think 2 reasons it makes sense not to bring it unless it’s hockey/media based:

1) If people here wanted Twitter drama between normals like us, they can go to Twitter for that.

2) You’re creating drama about a person who likely isn’t here to react which is kind of lame.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Could someone who knows our goalies in the system put them in some kind of order how they project out?
Schmid probably tops the list but after that how do they project?
I'm wondering if any help the push for a Timo trade, as rumor says SJ is looking for that as a need. Thx

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Could someone who knows our goalies in the system put them in some kind of order how they project out?
I'm wondering if any help the push for a Timo trade, as rumor says SJ is looking for that as a need. Thx
They should want Blackwood more than any of them

Him and Kahkonen playing every game could really help the tank there

I don't want Reimer though, as he looks like he can really help tank us some spots here, I'd sooner just keep Blackwood. They both suck.

Reimer is also 35 and not sure if he's just burnt crispity right now or if this is just his normal can't have two good consecutive seasons, especially as a starting goalie/1ab routine. He could come here and play fine a half a dozen games to close out the year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But to be more serious though, I think Daws could be ruined at this point. I said it last year when he was forced to play so many NHL games and stay up here as long as he did because he was better than Gillies (but still not good) and his play in the AHL has been mediocre at best this year after his long and way overextended NHL run last year.

Of course, he could come back next year and dominate the AHL or even go on a bender to end this year and finish out strong, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a long term NHL goalie. Last year was not at all beneficial to his development. I'm much higher on Schmid right now, but that's something that could change as soon as next year. It's too early to tell.

I did really like Brennan and I thought he looked great in that scrimmage that was streamed, but he's having a shitty year.

If he ever becomes an NHL goalie, it probably won't be for another 4-5 years anyway.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Most here love Bratt, myself included, but JbITbPiTnHl was dumb on mulitple levels. The most obvious being he is not the best player in the NHL. The second most obvious being he is not even the best player on the team.

I thought the on ice gathering for Bratt was pretty cringy, surprised the team allowed that to happen, and hope with tweets like the one above about Shara, that that will make the team realize that this guy should not be in tight with the organization.

You were in the woods I think.

Wow, you figured out major flaw by pointing out he’s not the best player in the NHL.

I can’t believe no one else realized that while taking that hashtag as deadly serious as you apparently do.

*lighten up Francis GIF*

The team lets groups on the ice for a photo after they bought tickets through group sales (or probably if it’s some special night for them, I don’t know all specific situations there).

Bratt didn’t have to come out for that photo op, but since it was his goofy fan club he made what looks like an amusingly awkward appearance.

That doesn’t make him “tight with the organization” in some official capacity.

You can start a #MMITB4thLCITNHL Fanclub and if could get a very large group to go with you to a game, you most likely could get the same opportunity.

Dopey Tweets are everywhere from random fans (and yes, he’s a random fan), not sure we have to care.

But to be more serious though, I think Daws could be ruined at this point. I said it last year when he was forced to play so many NHL games and stay up here as long as he did because he was better than Gillies (but still not good) and his play in the AHL has been mediocre at best this year after his long and way overextended NHL run last year.

Of course, he could come back next year and dominate the AHL or even go on a bender to end this year and finish out strong, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a long term NHL goalie. Last year was not at all beneficial to his development. I'm much higher on Schmid right now, but that's something that could change as soon as next year. It's too early to tell.

I did really like Brennan and I thought he looked great in that scrimmage that was streamed, but he's having a shitty year.

If he ever becomes an NHL goalie, it probably won't be for another 4-5 years anyway.
“Ruined at this point” seems a bit much about Daws.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I just try to stay out of fan drama. Every sports fanbase has the general public, the young idiots who try to be edgy and shitpost all day, and the message boards of elitists that think we're the top tier of the fanbase and know more than everything else (us).

I'm just trying to book flights to Turks and Caicos and trying to figure out why the good round trip flights I just saw on my gaming PC ten minutes ago are now completely different and gone when I'm looking on my MacBook and I want to break things.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow, you figured out major flaw by pointing out he’s not the best player in the NHL.

I can’t believe no one else realized that while taking that hashtag as deadly serious as you apparently do.

*lighten up Francis GIF*

The team lets groups on the ice for a photo after they bought tickets through group sales (or probably if it’s some special night for them, I don’t know all specific situations there).

Bratt didn’t have to come out for that photo op, but since it was his goofy fan club he made what looks like an amusingly awkward appearance.

That doesn’t make him “tight with the organization” in some official capacity.

You can start a #MMITB4thLCITNHL Fanclub and if could get a very large group to go with you to a game, you most likely could get the same opportunity.

Dopey Tweets are everywhere from random fans (and yes, he’s a random fan), not sure we have to care.

“Ruined at this point” seems a bit much about Daws.
He may or may not be. We'll know more next season. His play since the overextended NHL stint certainly hasn't been as strong as it was pre overextended NHL stint.

But I was the one really pumping last year how it was no good for his development to play him as much as we did when he was falling off in his last 12 or so starts.

It didn't ruin Fleury (who was younger in age, to be fair), but it certainly slowed his development.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I just try to stay out of fan drama. Every sports fanbase has the general public, the young idiots who try to be edgy and shitpost all day, and the message boards of elitists that think we're the top tier of the fanbase and know more than everything else (us).

I'm just trying to book flights to Turks and Caicos and trying to figure out why the good round trip flights I just saw on my gaming PC ten minutes ago are now completely different and gone when I'm looking on my MacBook and I want to break things.

I’ve heard that prices can go up on some of those travel sights if you are on an IP address that has viewed that trip previously vs. doing it through a different one for the first time. We live in a great society don’t we? :laugh:

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad