Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
anybody suggesting moving 10 for Markstrom is unbelievably down bad for goaltending and I say this as a "holy shit we need a goalie" guy

Markstrom just is not the guy to be moving that pick for, for about 8 reasons. Unless they're sending Weegar and Zary too.
The pick should be in play for a goalie…but not Markstrom. I’m team trade for Ullmark.

The problem is we don’t have an asset value that is between the 10th pick and a value that is unacceptable for another team.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Foote's ability to stay healthy is definitely questionable but he likely didn't miss any games in 2020-21, that was the season of the shortened AHL year.
He played 24, team leader played 34.

So he did miss games, but I think you are right in that I probably confused his last season in Juniors with his first AHL season. I do remember him missing a bunch of games somewhere along the line.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
He played 24, team leader played 34.

So he did miss games, but I think you are right in that I probably confused his last season in Juniors with his first AHL season. I do remember him missing a bunch of games somewhere along the line.

He played 6 games in the NHL that year and the taxi squad was a thing - you couldn't immediately call guys up from the AHL, they had to wait several days to clear. He likely missed very few games, if any, and some of them may have been because he had COVID (I don't know if he did or not, but that was a reason why a lot of guys missed 3-5 games that year).

Reactions: NJDevs26

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
so that doesn't sound like foote can be relied upon as a contributing piece in the long run. prob will be waiver fodder as early as next season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Christ. Feel for the kid to be dealing with that at this age.

I really don't trust our medical/training staff at all. Unless this is some chronic issue, you'd think after 4 years someone would've been able to put a treatment plan together to fix this.

We're quickly approaching Mets training staff level of incompetence in my mind...

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Before you say such things, be aware I'm OK going with Allen and Kahk next year.

I really don't understand the Devils not giving Kahk more of a run to end the year.
I’m ok too. I want Kahkonen or Lankinen. Depth, better second pair LD, third line center are more important for me. I don’t believe that top goalie would do anything better with what we have after deadline.
Good teams are doing well with average or even below average goalies. Bad teams can do nothing with even very good goalies. Goalies just should be much better than worst goalies of the league like VV did this season.
Rangers could do nothing against us when Shestyorkin stands on his head in play off. Yeah, there were very good games by Schmid, but the load of Shestyorkin and his impact were huge. Overall Pens, Black hawks(Niemi at least) , Capitals (Holtby was good but wasn’t super good already), Colorado, Vegas and Blues won it with average goalies or little above average.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Me looking towards 24-25
IMG_5230.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He cost us 545k per goal this year
Do we have to dig up your old Bratt posts to show you going overboard on your pet hates?

This contract exists and isn’t going anywhere next season. It’s not the end of the world, get over it.

And you just divided his salary by goals, so I’m not interested in your critique of these numbers either.
IMG_6344.jpeg
IMG_6345.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad