Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't buy that.

He seemed pretty sincere in his interview tonight and went out of his way to compliment the organization and fanbase.

And like I said, he seemed pretty sincere. He didn't strike me as blowing smoke up asses.

If that was all really the case, seems like he'd either be visibly bitter or just fake praising the organization. And it certainly didn't seem fake.
Oh I know, the guys clearly lying.

Reactions: Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
If its a red jersey, with the black logo that doesnt have the circle, and has white striping somewhere. It may look pretty damn good if done properly

IMG_2689.jpeg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Some clown in the comment section on the Devils IG page is saying that Severson was blindsided by the trade, signed the deal thinking he was staying, and has a chip on his shoulder because he was pissed about the whole ordeal. When ppl called him out for it he said he's relaying a story from someone who personally spoke to Severson. This fan base has to have more idiots than most, no?

Is it DD? It sounds similar to how he talked about Hynes

Reactions: Dialamo and Guadana

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
My theory which has absolutely no evidence to back up it up.

The team quit on Lindy. Many of them simply know they won’t take the next step with him. They are tired of the overly complicated system. But he is Jack’s guy, and has his backing in the room which is causing a riff with the players that want something new. This is also contributing Jack’s recent pouting.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

The team quit on Lindy. Many of them simply know they won’t take the next step with him. They are tired of the overly complicated system. But he is Jack’s guy, and has his backing in the room which is causing a riff with the players that want something new. This is also contributing Jack’s recent pouting.

We will likely never know but this isn’t so crazy as a random thought.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

I love a good conspiracy theory, but Jack is such a laser focused competitor that I don’t think he would ever intentionally hurt the team or his game because of feelings.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If its a red jersey, with the black logo that doesnt have the circle, and has white striping somewhere. It may look pretty damn good if done properly

View attachment 791451
That's the jersey. I can't tell you how I know this, but I was told about two months ago. The jersey is a bright(er) red with that logo with no circle around it.

Numbers and letters are black.

The only thing I wasn't told is the arms and shoulders (piping/stripes)

Also told it is being released early January.

Some clown in the comment section on the Devils IG page is saying that Severson was blindsided by the trade, signed the deal thinking he was staying, and has a chip on his shoulder because he was pissed about the whole ordeal. When ppl called him out for it he said he's relaying a story from someone who personally spoke to Severson. This fan base has to have more idiots than most, no?
Yeah that's impossible. That contract had to be signed by Severson and negotiated with his agent... and if that was done without the knowledge that he was being traded to Columbus it would have been an absolute nightmare and incident involving the PA. Some people are just so stupid.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That's the jersey. I can't tell you how I know this, but I was told about two months ago. The jersey is a bright(er) red with that logo with no circle around it.

Yeah that's impossible. That contract had to be signed by Severson and negotiated with his agent... and if that was done without the knowledge that he was being traded to Columbus it would have been an absolute nightmare and incident involving the PA. Some people are just so stupid.
Alright our resident jersey mockup artists… time to get to work on a front and back!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Not to continue stating the obvious, but if I recall, both Fitz and Severson stated verbally that Fitz pretty much said to Sevy bluntly "I wish I could keep you, but I can't" from a financial and roster stance.

Even if it were possible, Fitz doesn't strike me as the type to not be up-front with his players considering he's been there before and been traded several times in his career.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
It doesn't need to be said, but a Severson sign and trade was impossible without his consent because he has a full no-trade clause in the first 4 seasons of his contract
I actually heard the same rumor from someone close to the situation. The way I was told was that minutes after signing, they went to take a picture and while everyone was focused on the camera Fitz said under his breath "columbusplayersaywhat" and Severson said "what?" and the deal was done.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I actually heard the same rumor from someone close to the situation. The way I was told was that minutes after signing, they went to take a picture and while everyone was focused on the camera Fitz said under his breath "columbusplayersaywhat" and Severson said "what?" and the deal was done.
Best post of the month.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Legit lol’d and reenacted it out loud

Thank you

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

A new jersey that I'm gonna actually like? Now I really don't believe you! lol

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Chris Driedger could be an interesting option if we can get him out of Seattle. Probably have to wait until Grubauer comes back from injury. He had that great run with the Panthers, one subpar year on an expansion team and has been mostly very good in the AHL. 3.5M cap hit but it expires at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad