Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2022-23 season thread part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Vrana would be a very good addition IN THEORY . But it’s too much to gamble on him being able to play consistently. It woould prevent us or at the very least hamper us from going hard after any other acquisitions , so you woild have to hole like hell he bounces back to his old self and has no issues movig forward.
At this pout it is pure speculation what he was or is goimg through , JT for me , it’s too risky to beton him being his former self with no problems

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was referring players specifically on Boston, not just any team. Players take pride playing for that team, a chance to retire a Bruin has cache
All that proves is lots of players must come from very provincial backgrounds if retiring as a Masshole has cache. Is there a requirement that they cut across three lanes of traffic on the Mass Pike one quarter mile from the exit to stay in the state after they retire?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Defenseman Geertsen is even more painful than forward Geertsen

1672793355970.png

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I was the #1 Graves hater, but I am coming around to re-signing him too. I think they need to keep another defensive, big/physical presence in their top-four and not just anoint Luke for that spot.

If it's something around $4M x 4 years, that's fine.

I'd do 5Mx3 just so you free up that space for Luke's contract off ELC if we anticipate Luke to be as good as we do.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
What super star has walked lately? The other players who sign don’t count because their contracts were great deals? It’s not like they would have traded Bergeron if he asked for more money.

They’ve kept the core that mattered. They’ve obviously shipped off a ridiculous number of young stars for… reasons, but that was different, I’m talking about the guys they want to keep.

I just don’t believe Pasta is necessarily thinking the team will start to suck, he could easily have a lot of belief in the organization. They didn’t make the playoffs the 1st two seasons he was there but they had 96 & 93 points and had won a Cup a few years earlier. They went to a Stanley Cup Final with him.

Maybe I’m wrong, I’m just assuming it eventually gets done. It makes too much sense. In the end both sides will bend a little, that’s how it works. I refuse to emotionally invest in the idea that we could get Pasta, why bother when you’re just going to be disappointed.

Yeah, sorry, I don’t think I was clear. They kept their core together without having to pay them market. It’s absolutely unreal to me that Bergeron never made $7 million AAV

Reactions: Guttersniped

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I was against it, but I am warming up to the idea if you can get him on a fair deal

you also did not have Luke Hughes in your lineup, and he will 99% be in NJ next year
I sign Graves but I'm not overpaying him.

Defenseman Geertsen is even more painful than forward Geertsen

we should just have him be 2LD when Graves leaves

• Haha
Reactions: Blackjack

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
tremendous post from you, as per usual Bobbo

Care to elaborate at all? What would you do differently? Really curious to hear your thoughts.
You are actually living in fantasy land. You literally shave money off the market value of 5 forwards pay meier. Not to mention you underpay bratt after spending all your waking hours telling us how great his analytics are. Many posters have made similar points.
You know when everyone corrects you you probably are making mistakes. It is ok to admit you are wrong 😑

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You are actually living in fantasy land. You literally shave money off the market value of 5 forwards pay meier. Not to mention you underpay bratt after spending all your waking hours telling us how great his analytics are. Many posters have made similar points.
You know when everyone corrects you you probably are making mistakes. It is ok to admit you are wrong 😑
Who did I "shave" value off of? Even if I was short on some of the guys, there was $6-7 million left over in my valuations. Plenty of money to spread around to others if need be.

Last edited:

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Who did I "shave" value off of? Even if I was short on some of the guys, there was $6-7 million left over in my valuations. Plenty of money to spread around to others if need be.

Who said Bratt will be getting LESS than $8 million/year? @JrFischer54 who admitted he doesnt want him on the team? :laugh:

point per game player over a season and a half (and counting). Let me put this plainly- if you believe that Bratt would be OVERPAID at $8 million/year, NHL hockey just might not be your thing.
Jesus read the post before you start typing
Wow

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad