Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I was really good when I was intern at Fidelity Investments in Boston also.

Looks like my previous post got deleted - oops. My point was that you probably did just as well after your internship. Previous performance is usually the best indicator of future performance. I think it will be the same thing with Schneider. I don't see anything but success in his past performance. That's not proof he'll be an awesome no. one, but it speaks strongly for it.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Schneider has the best GAA in the NHL over the last four years. He is the last of our worries.

I don't think we have much to worry about at all. This is still a bit of a transition year - especially on D. I really think this team will make the playoffs and I think that's all anyone reasonably expects. I'm feeling very positive about this year.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I don't think we have much to worry about at all. This is still a bit of a transition year - especially on D. I really think this team will make the playoffs and I think that's all anyone reasonably expects. I'mean feeling very positive about this year.

Me too. The Devils had the same amount of regulation/overtime wins as the 98pt Wild last year.

Add in more Cory/less Marty, better shootout luck (hopefully) and improved forwards, and I don't see how we miss the playoffs.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If none of Gionta, Josefson, Carter are on the 4th line and Gomez is, who plays the PK?

Cammaleri-Zajac-Jagr
Havlat-Elias-Zubrus
Clowe-Henrique-Ryder
Ruutu-Gomez-Brunner

Did Gomez ever kill penalties, because he and Ruutu probably can if need be.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
DenseDetailedCat.gif

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i know its early, but given cammalleri-zajac-jagr hasnt exactly lit it up, i wouldnt mind cammalleri given a shot alongside henrique.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
i know its early, but given cammalleri-zajac-jagr hasnt exactly lit it up, i wouldnt mind cammalleri given a shot alongside henrique.

Jagr is only playing preseason to get his timing back. There are plays or attempts he'd make in the regular season that he isn't even attempting this preseason; so I wiyldnt judge that line at all yet.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Jagr is only playing preseason to get his timing back. There are plays or attempts he'd make in the regular season that he isn't even attempting this preseason; so I wiyldnt judge that line at all yet.

Jagr is only playing to let the rest of the league adjust to his presence. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Last edited:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
A little Jumble...

Clowe-Zajac-Jagr (This line played very well the few games it was together)
Ruutu-Elias-Havlat
Cammaleri-Gomez-Brunner (Speed and skill)
Carter/Zubrus-Henrique-Ryder

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013

I think that could end up being fire between camm and henrique, but then who would you place up on the first line..zubrus needs to stay as far away as possible.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
A little Jumble...

Clowe-Zajac-Jagr (This line played very well the few games it was together)
Ruutu-Elias-Havlat
Cammaleri-Gomez-Brunner (Speed and skill)
Carter/Zubrus-Henrique-Ryder

you have henrique on the fourth line.. with the likes of carter or zubrus..right.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I think that could end up being fire between camm and henrique, but then who would you place up on the first line..zubrus needs to stay as far away as possible.

now when you say fire, do you mean that as good or bad? in any event, i wouldnt mind trying clowe up in that spot with zajac/jagr again (as ive said a buncha times and i have seen others, including a few posts earlier, mention as well)

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Cammaleri-Zajac-Jagr
Havlat-Elias-Zubrus
Clowe-Henrique-Ryder
Ruutu-Gomez-Brunner

Did Gomez ever kill penalties, because he and Ruutu probably can if need be.

I think it is preferable to have 6 forwards atleast that kill penalties. Those 4 along with maybe Ruutu and I don't know who else out of this group. Definitely not Ryder or Brunner. Clowe and Havlat, can't see them being on the PK. Cammalleri is possible but not sure. Jagr for sure no. Gomez don't think so either. That would be the advantage of having a Carter, Gionta, or Josefson as the 4th line C and having them on the pk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad