Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
14195351_10154740239939583_6275015794276096653_o.jpg

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
That was a really fun game. Definetly the best so far aside from the fact they only scored once in reg. It really shows how much better they can be as a team when they do the little fundamental things right. Things that I saw that were so much better last night:
Moving their feet all the time, not standing around looking for the pass
Making much quicker decisions and acting on them
Not always trying for the long breakout pass, using quick short outlets into the middle or skating it out
Stayed aggressive all game
D pinched extremely well
:handclap:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Rico really is hilarious. :laugh:

So happy to see them pull that off last night, love what I've seen from the team so far this year. If Rico and Palms start to catch fire, then things can only go up from here!

And how about that Severson kid? :)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Give Hynes some credit, though I think the Larsson trade opened up the opportunity, he pushed the right buttons with Severson from the looks of it last year. Knew he had this ability, and has had nothing but high praise for him this year.

Sevs has run with this opportunity and it's really fun to watch.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Believe Severson is an RFA at seasons end? Could also be another motivating factor for him.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Wasn't able to watch last night's game, but pumped to see Severson scored again. Can't say enough about his play this season thus far. If he keeps it up he'll be a special player.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Very interesting to see what type of contract he garners if he keeps playing this way.

a good comparable is probably Tyson Barrie. "Broke out" in his third year with 38 points in 64 games (at the age of 22). He got $5.2 over 2 years ($2.6 AAV)

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Severson is going to make some straight $$$ at the end of the year if he keeps even half this up. My guess is he'll be looking at 4.5x6 or something similar. I think he's really turned a corner both offensively and defensively. I don't know if he can be a true #1, but he's already a top-pair guy at 22(a young 22 as well). Say what you will about playing with Greene, but the plays he makes are independent of a strong partner, yes, it gives him the ability to be more engaging offensively but it doesn't change the fact that his pinches are smart and well-calculated. He also has been solid defensively, mistakes are few and far between.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Severson is going to make some straight $$$ at the end of the year if he keeps even half this up. My guess is he'll be looking at 4.5x6 or something similar. I think he's really turned a corner both offensively and defensively. I don't know if he can be a true #1, but he's already a top-pair guy at 22(a young 22 as well). Say what you will about playing with Greene, but the plays he makes are independent of a strong partner, yes, it gives him the ability to be more engaging offensively but it doesn't change the fact that his pinches are smart and well-calculated. He also has been solid defensively, mistakes are few and far between.
4.5M/year for 6 years would be a terrific deal if he sustains current performance.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Give Hynes some credit, though I think the Larsson trade opened up the opportunity, he pushed the right buttons with Severson from the looks of it last year. Knew he had this ability, and has had nothing but high praise for him this year.

Sevs has run with this opportunity and it's really fun to watch.

Yep, constantly hearing about how hard Hynes was on him in practice last year was a sign of how highly he thought of him. Hynes' entire coaching background is in player development and we're starting to see it which is very promising.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
4.5M/year for 6 years would be a terrific deal if he sustains current performance.

That might be the "now" value. If this season continues to progress the way it has started, I'm not so sure that is going to cut it.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Severson isn't going to keep this (or anything close to it) up. He's playing very well, but he has 7 ES points on the 8 ES goals scored with him on the ice.

I don't think his play in the offensive zone has changed at all, it's just that the Devils finally have the horses to play the game in the neutral zone that Damon's wanted to play all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad