Confirmed with Link: Devils sign PL3

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only way to use a guy like pl3 correctly is to keep him burried in Albany. I hope he never sees the ice in NJ. I don't want to see any more players like him.

Quoted for truth.

The correct role for him is in Albany. He doesn't belong in the NHL. This kind of player has become almost completely extinct in the last 2 or 3 years.

It's why guys like Cam have to pursue jobs overseas, why the very popular Biznasty is no longer employed in the NHL, why our old buddy Krys Barch was also snuffed out of the league and into retirement, as well as George Paros and a couple other guys. It's why Arron Asham also has been nowhere to be found in the last 2 or 3 years either. Looks like John Scott's time is completely up also.

Won't be long before Rinaldo is gone too. Congrats to that puke Eric Boulton, he was somehow able to play in this league until he was almost 40. The Islanders must have really liked him.

The only kind of ''goon'' that belongs on an NHL roster is a guy like Tootoo. Tootoo isn't really a legit goon either.

I think even Lou of all people also started to realize these guys weren't needed anymore. That's why he traded away Barch and didn't sign a goon these last two years to play in the NHL. Unless you wanna count Tootoo, I really wouldn't. I still believe Cam was only called up 2 years ago in some dumb effort to spark the team. Pete even said not too long before his call up that year something like ''There's all kinds of things you can do to spark your team, whether it's playing a tough guy on your 4th line''. It wasn't long after that when we saw Cam again.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Actually, I'd very much doubt it, because those venomous posters are mostly wedded to an idea that Lou Lamoriello was the problem for this team and will be anxious to ignore Shero making the sort of moves they would have jumped all over as proof of their thesis.

this is a garbage signing. reminiscent of late stage Lou Lamoriellosis

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Dammit Ray, quit signing guys for the AHL. They're taking away roster spots from all those young forwards we have.:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dammit Ray, quit signing guys for the AHL. They're taking away roster spots from all those young forwards we have.:sarcasm:

To be fair, people said the same thing about the Fraser signing too. That he would ONLY play in the AHL, we all saw how long that lasted and how that worked out. So I wouldn't discount anything.

But since it's not Lou (who was famous for these signings), I'll give Shero the benefit of the doubt here and say it's most likely for the AHL.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
PL3's last game with the Devils, that blow-out against Washington, was the only time I've ever felt genuinely embarrassed by this team. PL3 had a lot to do with that. He was banished immediately afterwards, and should have stayed that way.

We have enough bottom-6 depth for him to never sniff the NHL again. I hope.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Peters
Tootoo
PL3
Janssen
Asham
Mair
Boulton
Barch

There's certainly some doozies in there. Was probably Asham if you're thinking farther back, but could've been PL3 too. He's nuts.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
was it him that unloaded on an unwilling rookie? or am i thinking of someone else?

Yes, he acted like a complete ********* and went after known pugilist Marcus Johansson. The video is on the first page of this thread. I was glad we buried him after that.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yes, he acted like a complete ********* and went after known pugilist Marcus Johansson. The video is on the first page of this thread. I was glad we buried him after that.

ya, just saw it……for some reason i thought the beat down was worse and that it happened in preseason

still….a dumb move

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
PL3's last game with the Devils, that blow-out against Washington, was the only time I've ever felt genuinely embarrassed by this team. PL3 had a lot to do with that. He was banished immediately afterwards, and should have stayed that way.

I remember him doing something so stupid Lou immediately kicked him to the curb, but I cant recall what that was. Shameless 3rd man in?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Actually, I'd very much doubt it, because those venomous posters are mostly wedded to an idea that Lou Lamoriello was the problem for this team and will be anxious to ignore Shero making the sort of moves they would have jumped all over as proof of their thesis.

well, he was a major part of it.

this move is silly and unnecessary. thats the difference. I can call Shero out for something I don't agree with.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The purpose of players like PL3 is to prevent other players like PL3 from taking runs at our young kids playing in Albany while they haven't learned to keep their heads up yet. That's all he will do.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The purpose of players like PL3 is to prevent other players like PL3 from taking runs at our young kids playing in Albany while they haven't learned to keep their heads up yet. That's all he will do.

I think so too, but in the back of my mind, his connection with Hynes makes me pray that he doesn't end up being the coach's pet because he plays hard and has grit.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
When I saw the news, I immediately checked to see if it was a one-way or two-way contract.

I'm totally fine with this as a two-way contract. He'll spend most of the year in Albany, but if our team fines itself in need of an enforcer, he can be called up for a few games.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I always wished it was possible to have his whole last name on his jersey. In fact, it was the whole reason I wanted him in the NHL at all in the first place :laugh:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd be floored if he ever sees more than 2 NHL games a year and that's pushing it. He will be in Albany making sure our "kids" are protected.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What? I thought he was permanently banished from New Jersey after he jumped Marcus Johansson during that Caps game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad