Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Sens Dec. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
jeez, another Saturday night game that I don't get with my Bell package.

ripoff

*thanks, hfboards, my negative vibe repository

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Why? Because the blade came off his skate? Didn't know that made you a clown. Wonder if they teach that in Clown School. :rolleyes:

Fumbling all over is very clown-like, isn't it? Whether it's because your shoes are too big or you're missing a skate blade it still comes off clown-esque. The only thing missing from that sequence was someone running out and spraying him with a seltzer bottle.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Nice win!

I really liked the last two games. This is a team. Karlsson gets messed with. Turris jumps off the bench to fight the guy last game and tonight Methot lights up the guy that hit Karlsson hard with a devastatingly legal hit then earns a PP on ensuing dust up over the counter punching big legal hit!

While it might not seem like it to many... we are pretty solidly in a playoff spot at the moment and we just are winning quite a bit and have had few poor games or poor efforts.

I really like this coach and how this team is playing in general. They are in virtually every game. They play a good system and even with some problems and injuries and suspensions the team keeps playing solid.

Management made the trade of the year for Condon. A mid pick for this type of performance with our goalie having family issue. That is likely a 7 or 8 point move so far. If not more. That is a season saving move possibly. Kudos to the new GM.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice win!

I really liked the last two games. This is a team. Karlsson gets messed with. Turris jumps off the bench to fight the guy last game and tonight Methot lights up the guy that hit Karlsson hard with a devastatingly legal hit then earns a PP on ensuing dust up over the counter punching big legal hit!

While it might not seem like it to many... we are pretty solidly in a playoff spot at the moment and we just are winning quite a bit and have had few poor games or poor efforts.

I really like this coach and how this team is playing in general. They are in virtually every game. They play a good system and even with some problems and injuries and suspensions the team keeps playing solid.

Management made the trade of the year for Condon. A mid pick for this type of performance with our goalie having family issue. That is likely a 7 or 8 point move so far. If not more. That is a season saving move possibly. Kudos to the new GM.

Methot hit Hall. Wood hit Karlsson... but same Idea.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The question is why wouldn't you target Karlsson? It is clear that he isn't getting the star player protection that so many others get so might as well take your shots to try and get him off his game.

What star level protection is he not getting? Sorry no refs are protecting McDavid or Crosby today and their teams aren't playing 1975 style goon hockey either.

Karlsson is getting A1 protection. You mess with him and even our other stars will jump and fight a guy that doesn't fight. Methot totally destroyed the guy that hit Karlsson hard within moments. Then got us a PP in the ensuing dust up.

First Karlsson isn't some softee that needs protection. And second... this team completely has his back in every way.

Watch Karlsson's post game interview after the San Jose game. And then you understand the immense feeling of admiration he had for Turris jumping spear-boy. That is how you make a great team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nice win!

I was very worried after the road trip, but these last two games have somewhat reassured me. Should have won against an excellent Sharks team, and we were solid all around tonight against NJ. I'm still concerned with the tough schedule coming up, but if we can bank another two points against a weak Isles team tomorrow, it'll look good for us going forward as far as staying in the playoff picture.

Edit: Oh, and completely agree about the Condon trade. Gotta give management a lot of credit for that. Now how about getting some depth at forward with some guy who can actually score?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Oh, also, Bailey looked better than Puempel.
One game, but more please.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tomorrow is another game Sens should win. NYI are waiting for us and sens are back to back but we need it. Next up on the 20th ... the Hawks

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
What's with the EK65 target these days?

The league never cared much about Karlsson getting hit, clean or dirty.

Cooke slices his achilles? Eh, fair play. People just said "oh, that's just how he hits people", and Don Cherry pulls up a video of him doing a similar hit on Karlsson later on and not slicing his ankle. Completely ignoring the fact that no one showed any more footage of him doing such a hit on ANYONE else.

Vlasic speared him in the face? Eh, $5,000 dollar fine.

To be fair, they ARE slowly starting to do something about it when Karlsson gets hit dirty. Nothing from Cooke, Vlasic gets a baby fine.

I'd guess that after about the next 19 or 20 times someone takes liberties with EK, they might get suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad