Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 ET - Tuesday November 6th 2018

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
With this crew, they very well may send him down. I wouldn't.. at least not now, he has looked good and I really liked him and White together, they seem to know each other and play off each other well.

Well, the one thing I will say is that I don't think they rushed Ceci back when the team was winning.

Hopefully that means they are willing to consider keeping a guy in who is playing well.

But I'm not optimistic.

Pyatt came across from Switzerland in Boucher's luggage.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, the one thing I will say is that I don't think they rushed Ceci back when the team was winning.

Hopefully that means they are willing to consider keeping a guy in who is playing well.

But I'm not optimistic.

Pyatt came across from Switzerland in Boucher's luggage.

Ah yes ... you know the team well. If they are serious about grooming players ... Paul = future, Pyatt = past.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ah yes ... you know the team well. If they are serious about grooming players ... Paul = future, Pyatt = past.

"The NHL is not a developmental league - Guy Boucher" - NyQuil

xByII.jpg

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Nice to see White have such a strong game. For whatever reason, I am pulling for the guy.

Yeah, I am pulling too. Reason-cause hi looks like Joel O'Keeffe, from Airbourne ;)

By the way, I really like Ryan game so far.

Reactions: Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Huge game coming up for Paul tomorrow night. Really pulling for him. I think bubble guys, once they convince themselves, they can just play the game as they can. Like Hoffman, some players need more time to figure it out, and not saying he is Hoffman, but the path that Paul is on, basically his last chance, might be the one that sticks. He is a big, strong guy with decent hands and decent feet. He can certainly be an asset in the bottom six.

I am liking the development of the young guys. Jaros , Lajoie, Chabot have their hands full and are doing a good job of helping the team and themselves. White and Tkachuk are a glimpse into what the forwards can be.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jaros reminds me a lot of Claesson in his first season.

He's aggressive and decisive, decent passing, doesn't mind putting up a big hit now and then.

Still don't know why we turfed him and kept Harpur.

I guess he's a bit younger and much bigger. :Shrug:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jaros reminds me a lot of Claesson in his first season.

He's aggressive and decisive, decent passing, doesn't mind putting up a big hit now and then.

Still don't know why we turfed him and kept Harpur.

I guess he's a bit younger and much bigger. :Shrug:

I thought this too.. but I think Jaros adds an element of go through a wall to win .. I think his battle level is higher than Claesson. Cleasson disappointed last year.. but that can be said for most of them

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought this too.. but I think Jaros adds an element of go through a wall to win .. I think his battle level is higher than Claesson. Cleasson disappointed last year.. but that can be said for most of them

Claesson was awesome down the stretch a few years ago.

To the point where I think Ottawa thought they had their D set with Methot being claimed in the expansion draft.

I remember when Methot went down with the severed finger thing and Harpur and Claesson stepped right in and contributed very well.

Again, premature judgments I guess.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Man i cant wait for pageau and tkachuk to come back to push mccormik and pyaat out of the lineup

So much this. Pyatt tries really hard but his days as a regular NHLer are coming to an end. 0 pts and -10 in 15 games perfectly reflects his game right now. The team has been scored on 18 times (8 times on the PK, but that's also the most on the team, with guess who, Boro) and not even one goal was scored when he was on the ice :amazed:

I can tolerate McCormick as the cheap 13th forward who sits most games. I'd rather have him in the pressbox than Chlapik or even Tambellini.

If I had my way and everyone was healthy, that would be my line-up :

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Tierney-Ryan
Boedker-Pageau-White
Smith-Paul-Paajarvi
McCormick

Chabot-Jaros
Lajoie-Ceci
Wolanin-DeMelo
Harpur

Anderson
Goodgoalie

Pyatt and Wideman out, they're way too soft. Boro out (won't happen though), I like the guy but he should be the 7th who sits most games. Condon out too because I don't believe in his ability to be a consistent NHL goalie.

New coaching staff and adjustments made and this team could be better than people think (not necessarily they'd make the playoffs this year)

That Batherson, Norris and Bernard-Docker are solid prospects.

Wondering how the future will shape out but there's a lot of potential there. First questions we have to answer are obviously what is going to happen with Duchene, Stone, Dzingel and even Ceci

Tkachuk-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel/Balcers-Norris/Brown/Chlapik-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney/Pageau-White
Paul/Nurmi/Etc

Chabot-JBD
Lajoie-Jaros/Ceci
Wolanin/Tychonick-DeMelo/Harpur

Gustvasson/Daccord/Hogberg/Hollett/Mandolese

Ryan, Boedker, Smith, Anderson, Condon, Pyatt, Paajarvi, McCormick, Wideman are all probably gone in the near future.

Edit alert : could have removed Stone, Duchene, Dzingel and Ceci but gotta keep them there for now, as if they were traded, there would be a return coming. Impossible to speculate on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: pown

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pyatt is a great depth player to have ,as is MPS ....I understand them playing has been buying more important pieces development time...But man can they hit the net once and a while

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I like how everyone's future rosters have Duchene and Stone in them.

Gotta love that optimism! ;)

And this is why I said "First questions we have to answer are obviously what is going to happen with Duchene, Stone, Dzingel and even Ceci". As of right now, I'm not sure even one of them will be back (however money will have to be spent somewhere to reach the cap floor)

If I'm Stone or Duchene, I look at the young players emerging (Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Tierney, Lajoie, Jaros) or coming up (Batherson, JBD, Norris, Balcers, Chlapik, Brown, Formenton, Wolanin, Gustvasson etc) and I might be thinking extending in Ottawa where I could have a big role and be a leader (assuming they'd pay market value of course). Problem I would have is when I look at ownership, GM and coaching. Will any of this change in the near future? It's impossible for outsiders to answer that but players also probably have no idea as of right now. In the end, would my decision lies on Melnyk staying for the foreseeable future? Probably.

I'm not going to consider them gone until they're gone, even if very likely

Look at the edit for the post you've quoted, hope it's more clear!

Last edited:
Reactions: Clayonator

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I like how everyone's future rosters have Duchene and Stone in them.

Gotta love that optimism! ;)

And this is why I said "First questions we have to answer are obviously what is going to happen with Duchene, Stone, Dzingel and even Ceci". As of right now, I'm not sure even one of them will be back.

If I'm Stone or Duchene, I look at the young players emerging (Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Tierney, Lajoie, Jaros) or coming up (Batherson, JBD, Noris, Balcers, Chlapik, Formenton, etc) and I might be thinking extending in Ottawa where I could have a big role and be a leader. Problem I would have is when I look at ownership, GM and coaching. Will any of this change in the near future? It's impossible for outsiders to answer that but players also probably have no idea as of right now. In the end, would my decision lies on Melnyk staying for the foreseeable future? Probably.

I'm not going to consider them gone until they're gone, even if very likely

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Whenever Ryan starts playing well he misses time.

Hopefully Ryan recovers from whatever it is that isn't serious.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Maybe having put together the UFA line is a good strategy. If they develop chemistry together (we're starting to see it between Duchene and Stone), maybe they can be enticed to all sign back here and continue to play together?

Reactions: solidprospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad