Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Goalie Keith Kinkaid (2 years, $1.25 AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ugh, was hoping he would go elsewhere.

I'm not Keith's biggest fan but you aren't getting a real top-shelf backup to go to a rebuilding team and sit behind Cory. Keith's about as good as you're going to get for this role on this team, especially considering his decent overall season last year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm not Keith's biggest fan but you aren't getting a real top-shelf backup to sit behind Cory. Keith's about as good as you're going to get for this role on this team, especially considering his decent overall season last year.

I guess when Condon signed they extended an offer to Kink.
Just my speculation.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Sounds good with me. Gives Blackwood a couple years to develop in the AHL and then the team can reassess from there.

It's gonna be a game of (backup) goalie musical chairs. There aren't that many names left that would've been that much better than Kinkaid.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Love it. He outplayed Cory this year. Consistency has been an issue for him, but when he's on he can steal you games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ugh, was hoping he would go elsewhere.

Why?

I thought he was solid last year. The only bad game he had was that game at Barclays Center in February.

I was very down on him after 15-16 and I think there's still potential for him to be one of those goalies that fluctuates from year and year and he could have another meh season this upcoming year, but I feel much more confident with him than Wedgewood.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the Rangers signed him on Saturday.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Outplaying Schneider this year was not really praiseworthy, Cory was pretty bad.

Kinkaid is fine as a backup though. If he could play with consistency he'd be a starter, he obviously has the ability to play a high level. This also gives Blackwood and Appleby plenty of time to grow, and Wedge if he stays.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
So we gonna run Cory back out there for 60 games again? I was hoping for a back-up G that could play 30+ games. Probably not one on the market, though, so I'm fine with this.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Outplaying Schneider this year was not really praiseworthy, Cory was pretty bad.

Kinkaid is fine as a backup though. If he could play with consistency he'd be a starter, he obviously has the ability to play a high level. This also gives Blackwood and Appleby plenty of time to grow, and Wedge if he stays.

Yes Schneider was bad, but cory held his own for many of his games, usually making near or over 40 save per game.

I still believe he will become a starter for a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad