Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Blackwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Great deal for the Devils with AAV and retaining his RFA status when the contract is up. In return, they threw him a bone with a higher qualifying offer at that time.

upload_2020-12-24_0-47-12.png

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

I hope you don’t mind me dropping in to visit but I’ve been hanging out in the WJC’s threads the last few days and just noticed this news on the Main Board a few minutes ago.

I’m excited about your team this year & hope your young talent evolves. It was a shame that Cory just couldn’t recover his form and I think it was a classy move to release him to pursue another team or a different career.

This Contract with Mackenzie is so team friendly, and it still gives some control at the end so he can be rewarded but not just walk. Really tidy business with a young starter, imho. I sure hope he continues on his current trajectory for you.

All the best to everyone here as we approach the Holidays and enjoy the WJC’s.

Cheers
BA6CBD0C-2B88-433C-8E97-FAA30598F2B8.jpeg

Camille the Eel

This strange pandemic dynamic has definitely lowered player contract leverage. There’s so much uncertainty. When you look across the board this year, almost all the deals have been cautious and team friendly.

A smart player does as Blackwood did, takes some significant but not lifetime done-with-it dough (after taxes and living expenses he’ll maybe save a million a year? - have 3 million in the bank clear at age 26 - nice security but he’s not made for the rest of his life or buying private jets or islands in the Bahamas or even a town house in the West Village) - and kicks the can 3 years down the road. Probably the best deal he could have got.

If he performs and stays healthy, hopefully for him (and us) he’s then negotiating in a post pandemic economic cycle.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Saw Amanda tweet that Mackenzie is joining us on this road trip; excited to see him get back into the net for us, though the team in front of him is missing quite a few names recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad