Speculation: Devils need a defenceman ASAP as Siegenthaler breaks foot

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

So compared to their terrific team of a year ago, the Devils are now down 4 veteran defencemen: Hamilton is out for the regular season with a torn pec, Severson is in Columbus and Graves is in Pittsburgh.

Their defence is now: John Marino (a #3 d-man on a good team), rookie Luke Hughes, rookie Simon Nemec, sophomore Kevin Bahl and 2 OK vets in Colin Miller and Brendan Smith.

I know Devils fans want a big name but they need help ASAP and a team like CGY probably isn't ready to sell Hanifin yet (heck, Friedman reported tonight that the Flames and Hanifin are still talking contract). They may have to settle for a #4-#5 type D to plug the hole.

Obviously, as a Habs fan, I feel the 2 teams are a natural fit for a trade. We have a stockpile of NHL caliber D's who are either in the pressbox or in the AHL right now. Jordan Harris is a player that the NJ front office would know very well with Kate Madigan a part of their group (her dad coached Harris at Northeastern).

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Islanders have a slightly used (but cheap) Sebastian Aho!

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
maata at 3 per for this and next , could be retained at 50% . detroit could replace with edvinsson . sprong could go in deal too on an expiring 2 per , replaced in detroit by berggren who is now READY . both players solid depth for jersey . detroit wants draft pix

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

So compared to their terrific team of a year ago, the Devils are now down 4 veteran defencemen: Hamilton is out for the regular season with a torn pec, Severson is in Columbus and Graves is in Pittsburgh.

Their defence is now: John Marino (a #3 d-man on a good team), rookie Luke Hughes, rookie Simon Nemec, sophomore Kevin Bahl and 2 OK vets in Colin Miller and Brendan Smith.

I know Devils fans want a big name but they need help ASAP and a team like CGY probably isn't ready to sell Hanifin yet (heck, Friedman reported tonight that the Flames and Hanifin are still talking contract). They may have to settle for a #4-#5 type D to plug the hole.

Obviously, as a Habs fan, I feel the 2 teams are a natural fit for a trade. We have a stockpile of NHL caliber D's who are either in the pressbox or in the AHL right now. Jordan Harris is a player that the NJ front office would know very well with Kate Madigan a part of their group (her dad coached Harris at Northeastern).

Jordan Harris has some of the worst analytics of any player in the NHL. Not sure that’s who NJ needs.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would suggest that POJ or Smith could be had from the Penguins. Smith already has ties to the organization...

You have a 2023 3rd. Easy. Or we could take Schmid.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
did js get zinged by a puck ? has anybody looked back and figured out if theres way more puck caused foot injuries now adays then when stix were wood ? as in there has to be a limit on how fast pucks are allowed to be propelled

• Haha
Reactions: Homesick and God

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad