Rumor: Devils making Damon Severson available

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I don’t even remember how long I made the post you quoted. But after this season I wouldn’t deal Hanifin for Nico, so no worries.
Lol it was a while ago didn't realize until after post.....Feelings mutual Nico just had injuries this year....Still wouldn't deal him he's one of the best 200 foot young centers in game and he will produce points next year when healthy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lol it was a while ago didn't realize until after post.....Feelings mutual Nico just had injuries this year....Still wouldn't deal him he's one of the best 200 foot young centers in game and he will produce points next year when healthy

Nico is great, no arguments here. The Flames are terribly short though on the backend and it would take a lot for me to move Hanifin. Obviously not by himself, but I’d include him in a package for someone like Eichel, but someone like that. He’s had an excellent season and is becoming a really good defender. I’m in no rush to see him go.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
How did this thread become about Nico Hischier?

I too was curious as to what Severson could fetch in a trade?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Really hate this bumping of a "Rumor" tag thread. I thought this was new when I clicked on it, but it's seven months old and irrelevant now. If someone wants to know what Severson can return in a trade, make a new GD thread with a "proposal" tag or "value of" tag or something.
100% agree with this... mods should lock this up.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
The problem is he is asked to basically be a #1 DMan in NJ and he is not that.

But that doesn't mean he is a bad player. He is a 30-40 point 2nd pairing DMan signed to a nice contract

100%, him and Murray as the 2nd pairing would be a perfect situation. Put Smith on the top pair and acquire an RHD to put with him would be ideal for the short term, and if the Devils get lucky, draft Power, have him as the top RHD if he pans out to be that.

Short term
Smith-UFA/Trade
Murray-Severson
Siegenthaler-Power

Longterm
Smith-Power
Mukhamadullin-Severson
Siegenthaler-UFA/Trade

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
100%, him and Murray as the 2nd pairing would be a perfect situation. Put Smith on the top pair and acquire an RHD to put with him would be ideal for the short term, and if the Devils get lucky, draft Power, have him as the top RHD if he pans out to be that.

Short term
Smith-UFA/Trade
Murray-Severson
Siegenthaler-Power

Longterm
Smith-Power
Mukhamadullin-Severson
Siegenthaler-UFA/Trade
Power is a leftie. As long as he plays that side I guess its an option

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

Short term
Smith-UFA/Trade
Murray-Severson
Siegenthaler-Power

Longterm
Smith-Power
Mukhamadullin-Severson
Siegenthaler-UFA/Trade

unsure how Power would do on the right as he's a left shot. Clarke is the best option in the draft that is a right shot

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty426

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad