GDT: Devils @ Lightning - 7:00PM - MSG2

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Timo wasn't good last night, but he also has been very good since he came back from the latest injury. He was just starting to cook before his 1st injury this year too, I think it was 11 points in 11 games or something.

I am obviously disappointed, but to just bail on a contract like 5 months into it is crazy to me. And as I said the other day, we really did not give up anything of value tbh.

He also has zero linemate consistency. He showed some chemistry with Bratt and Nico, makes one mistake and is playing with Lazar and Bastian.

Lindy doesnt like him, hes made it very clear of this. Has Timo been good enough, no, but he also has had to put up with 3rd line duties, injuries out the ass and zero consistency all season with anything of his.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Ruff has lost the room

Complete no shows in the first and second period of these last two games

Hang your hat on “we looked our best in the third period” heard that all year but no one cares when you keep flushing points down the drain

Team is on pace for 89 points

Disgusting

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think the biggest impact the changes on “D” is on the penalty kill. If the penalty kill would be better than average the team would be in much better shape. Bahl hasn’t been able to step in on this role as expected and it has hurt the team. With Siegs out they are missing 3 defensemen from the kill last year. It has an impact.

Obviously goaltending is still probably the biggest problem with the kill, but they feed into each other. They seemingly give up a lot of shots on the kill. I’m sure of the kill was better the goalies would look better and play with more confidence.

But you couldn’t give those contracts out. 8 and 6 year deal ultimately block guys like Hughes and Nemec.

That is true about the pk

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Or holding himself accountable for a poor play. Would that others would do the same

My guess is most of the name players are frustrated and want to do better. I doubt anyone on the team is sitting there saying it’s everyone else’s fault. Ok maybe Ruff is but he’s only blaming Holtz who clearly deserves it.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
My guess is most of the name players are frustrated and want to do better. I doubt anyone on the team is sitting there saying it’s everyone else’s fault. Ok maybe Ruff is but he’s only blaming Holtz who clearly deserves it.

I think that's part of the problem. We should really play only name players. I'm tired of getting up and going to the bathroom which I do more at our age and coming back to be astonished that a line change occurs, the fat guy rolls over the boards, skinny guy is going crazy all over the ice risking offsides, and medium guy can't seem to do much right. I guess it could be worse like that one time two fat guys got trapped on defense and were getting crushed and then the controller came out and they stood there like traffic cones.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think that's part of the problem. We should really play only name players. I'm tired of getting up and going to the bathroom which I do more at our age and coming back to be astonished that a line change occurs, the fat guy rolls over the boards, skinny guy is going crazy all over the ice risking offsides, and medium guy can't seem to do much right. I guess it could be worse like that one time two fat guys got trapped on defense and were getting crushed and then the controller came out and they stood there like traffic cones.

What do you mean “our age” grandpa? I’m as fresh as a newborn calf in the meadow in the spring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad