110419.jpg

110419-weekly.jpg

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Roslovic, Ehlers and Beaulieu.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What is the status of Nathan Beaulieu? On calling out a player (i.e. Jack Roslovic). On a player getting a chance to redeem himself during a game. On Josh Morrissey being -12. Is Josh Morrissey overburdened? On an injury (i.e. what happened to Scott Sabourin) occurring during a game. On what the wins represents to his club. Update on Tucker Poolman? On Laine on the 2nd power play unit. Does it connect to the next 5 on 5 shift?

To listen click here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They can change the personnel as much as they want but the PP system is well known by teams and way too easy to defend.

They have to either:
Get way more movement happening, both with puck carrier and those waiting for a pass
Find our 2 best shooters and start having them launch bombs from the point.

If Laine wasn't quite so prone to have the puck knocked off his stick/ stripped, I'd love him to be the guy at the point just firing pucks.

JMo needs to shoot more
It's sad we really don't have guys who can hammer the puck, and get it through with any accuracy. That's why I'm more leaning towards an umbrella with lots of motion.

Last edited:

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
So does Beaulieu slot into the 1st pairing now? Who did the Jets have to trade to get him from Buffalo? I vaguely recall he was more or less a donation...like Morrow.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
So does Beaulieu slot into the 1st pairing now? Who did the Jets have to trade to get him from Buffalo? I vaguely recall he was more or less a donation...like Morrow.

I sure hope Maurice pushes the Morrissey-Pionk pairing again. You can probably push 20 minutes of 5 on 5 tempo out of those two, and change the possession metrics favourably. Getting Morrissey playing confidently will give this team a boost, and Pionk has been our best puck mover this year.

But boy does it get murky after that.

Maybe Beaulieu-Kulikov as a 2nd pairing, they had a preseason stint. I am not a fan of Kulikov on his off side, though, but I am not the coach. Sbisa looks more comfortable playing his off side. Probably reunited with Bitetto, as the de facto 1st PK unit.

Beaulieu was a 6th, Morrow was a 7th. Both 1st round picks that have struggled to play consistently. Beaulieu has better tools, and I think he will be chomping to lay out a big hit, get back in the rythym. Hopefully not too much rust on the skates.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018

Fixed it for Roslovic.....

“You don’t ever play as bad as you think Maurice thinks you did, and you don’t ever play as good as you think you did.”

What Jack Roslovic was thinking of responding with to an off game, the teams fight and character, and more.

And props to jefferoni the slayer of all GDT's.

Last edited:
Reactions: jefferoni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad