GDT: Devils@Jets • Quest for the Holy Grail edition • Jan 23, 6:00pm CT • MTS Center • CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
NewJerseyDevils_logo_zpsidxyzzir.jpg
vs
jetcircle_zps2p3r2byl.jpg
New Jersey Devils 24-19-5 (53pts) @ Winnipeg Jets 21-23-3 (45pts)​

insert1_zpswnv8rc77.jpg

insert2_zpsw3cjd0yw.jpg

Game Info (NHL.com):

Season series: Winnipeg Jets forwards Blake Wheeler and Andrew Ladd each scored a goal and an assist in a 3-1 win against the New Jersey Devils at Prudential Center on Oct. 9. Goaltender Michael Hutchinson made 20 saves. Devils goaltender Cory Schneider made 27 saves.

Devils team scope: New Jersey has won three straight games, including a 6-3 home win against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday. The Devils placed defenseman John Moore (lower body) on injured reserve Friday, and defenseman Seth Helgeson was recalled from Albany of the American Hockey League. Helgeson, who played 22 games with New Jersey last season, has two goals and five assists in 33 AHL games. Coach John Hynes has not announced a starting goaltender, but Schneider has started 10 of the past 11 games. A two-game road trip ends Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Jets team scope: Winnipeg forwards Alexander Burmistrov (undisclosed), Mark Scheifele (lower body) and Drew Stafford (upper body) practiced Friday. Coach Paul Maurice said Burmistrov and Stafford are each fairly close to returning, according to the Jets website. Defenseman Dustin Byfuglien practiced at forward during power-play drills. Winnipeg's power play is 0-for-8 in the past three games. Forward Adam Lowry remains out with an upper-body injury. Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is expected to start for the 18th time in the past 20 games. A visit by the Arizona Coyotes on Tuesday continues a six-game homestand and a stretch of nine of 10 games at MTS Centre.

insert_zpssuhdfqcp.jpg

Lineups
insert3_zpsbms7p97u.jpg

insert4_zpsmon3jcgn.jpg

insert5_zpskgvqf8fa.jpg

Statistics
insert6_zpsewqw1l0k.jpg

insert7_zpsytg5brgu.jpg

insert8_zpsbyhvpemy.jpg

insert9_zpsemd2rtwz.jpg

Last Game October 9, 2015 at New Jersey, Prudential Center​
Jets 3 Devils 1​

GO JETS GO!
(Use the Holy Hand Grenade!)

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Awesome GDT, Perreault is my favourite :laugh:
I doubt we can still make the playoffs, but we better win this to even have a hope.
GJG!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The return of probably the greatest Jet of all time (or so I'm told), Lee Stempniak. Let's hope he takes pity on us mere mortals and limits himself to 2 goals or less.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Sir Chevy: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your name?

Sir Chevy: My name is Sir Chevy of Winnelot.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest?

Sir Chevy: To seek Lord Stanley's Cup.

Bridgekeeper: How shall you achieve it?

Sir Chevy: Well, again, I think certainly it's a process. There are obviously a number of factors you have to consider as an organization. The situation is evolving as the evolution of the situation continues. Again, you have to consider the pros and cons. We, as an organization, are making a dedicated effort which will occur as a process over time. I'm excited to see the ongoing development of our process. For us obviously we will be pursuing every opportunity the process presents.

Bridgekeeper: ...

Bridgekeeper: Did you answer my question?

Sir Chevy: Well, you know, again, I can certainly say that obviously over time there will certainly be a process for answering your question. It's obviously an exciting time to dedicate yourself towards this opportunity to consider the process of answering questions and listening to answers through the process of ---

Bridgekeeper: [jumps off bridge] Auuuuuuuugh.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This game is going to hard to watch with Stempniak and thinking the entire time we could have had him for pretty much league minimum in the offseason :cry:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
FYI Bobby Farnham returns from suspension and decent chance he will be on the 4th line and Ruutu will be scratched.

Also almost definitely Schneider starting.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok this thread is hilarious!!

Keep up the humour. Off to Mexico for a week and I didn't bother PVR'ing the games for the first time ever. I always hope for winz but every loss is the best for the potential sell off at the deadline and the draft at this point.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Who returns tonight?

Burmi?
Stafford?
Scheifele?

All skated at yesterday's practice.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Who returns tonight?

Burmi?
Stafford?
Scheifele?

All skated at yesterday's practice.
Please , please, pleeeeeeease , be Scheifele and Stafford :yo: Man this team is so offensively challenged without Scheifele , Little gets keyed on by the opposition without Scheifele in the lineup and then just like that we have trouble scoring goals . :shakehead

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
This game is going to hard to watch with Stempniak and thinking the entire time we could have had him for pretty much league minimum in the offseason :cry:

woah. i've never heard anyone mention this before.
any chance you can expand on this in mind-numbing detail?
thx in advance!

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Sir Chevy: Well, again, I think certainly it's a process. There are obviously a number of factors you have to consider as an organization. The situation is evolving as the evolution of the situation continues. Again, you have to consider the pros and cons. We, as an organization, are making a dedicated effort which will occur as a process over time. I'm excited to see the ongoing development of our process. For us obviously we will be pursuing every opportunity the process presents.

Sir Chevy: Well, you know, again, I can certainly say that obviously over time there will certainly be a process for answering your question. It's obviously an exciting time to dedicate yourself towards this opportunity to consider the process of answering questions and listening to answers through the process of ---

Hahahahaha!!! That is the best right on!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Over 6 months of discussing Stempniak. I think we get it, and I don't believe there are many who disagree with the position that we should have signed him. Trade thread, GDTs, PGTs, Chevy threads, Around the League, etc - it's a bit much.

---------------

Aavco: would be nice to see Scheifele and Stafford back, but it seems like it might be a bit soon? Weren't they in non-contact jerseys just the other day?

Any news about Lowry?

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI

This. Is. PERFECT!

Here's to the Jets beating Schnieder like the red headed step child he is.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Over 6 months of discussing Stempniak. I think we get it, and I don't believe there are many who disagree with the position that we should have signed him. Trade thread, GDTs, PGTs, Chevy threads, Around the League, etc - it's a bit much.

---------------

Aavco: would be nice to see Scheifele and Stafford back, but it seems like it might be a bit soon? Weren't they in non-contact jerseys just the other day?

Any news about Lowry?

I prefer to look to the future myself rather than lament past moves like Fro and Stemp. There's no way to undo them.

I imagine it'll just be Burmi tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad