Confirmed with Link: Devils Change name to Angels

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
riiiiiiiiiiiight

What part of my statement was wrong? Did you fall for it?

This is one a good one looks like. Devils tried too hard

Ce-gMraXIAI2ywv.jpg:large

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
if they sell merch i might buy a hat for the hell heaven of it

it's a funny tagline they have at the bottom of the page though,

See the New Jersey Devils for the last time April 5‑9 during
FAN APPRECIATION WEEK

they'll prob get a few sales

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Adam getting in on it

Adam Henrique ‏@AdamHenrique 2m2 minutes ago
Get ready for #RicoWings next season! Can't wait to rock these sick @NewJerseyAngels sweaters! #AngelsAreReal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I swear I was gonna do a confirmed with link April Fool's joke that we had given out extensions to Ruutu, Tootoo and Gionta for next year.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I love to have fun. This was a weak attempt at humor. Good April Fools jokes, which is pretty much an oxymoron, have to be believable and this gets a giant F in that category.

I've always heard that there are religious groups that sent hate mail to the state and the team asking to change their name... So because of that this is funny.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I didn't fall for it, but I don't see anything wrong with the team's social media having a bit of fun for the day, and humor is subjective, so I don't expect that everyone will find it funny or worthwhile, but, whatever, the team is in the entertainment industry. Let them have their fun. Everything will be back to normal tomorrow.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've always heard that there are religious groups that sent hate mail to the state and the team asking to change their name... So because of that this is funny.

wasnt there some religious freaks crying over the devil rays name in the MLB back in the day?

bleed would probably remember

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I swear I was gonna do a confirmed with link April Fool's joke that we had given out extensions to Ruutu, Tootoo and Gionta for next year.

Well guess someone agreed :P

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I didn't fall for it, but I don't see anything wrong with the team's social media having a bit of fun for the day, and humor is subjective, so I don't expect that everyone will find it funny or worthwhile, but, whatever, the team is in the entertainment industry. Let them have their fun. Everything will be back to normal tomorrow.

Agreed...I think it's funny. Not laugh out loud funny but nod of approval funny

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
wasnt there some religious freaks crying over the devil rays name in the MLB back in the day?

bleed would probably remember

I believe they changed their name to just the Rays because of that. That was many years ago though, before I lived here.

Didn't the NBA team change their name from the Bullets to Wizards because of the word bullet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad