GDT: Devils at Wings | January 4, 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
puddy_devils.jpg

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This is the biggest game of the season for the Devils. After the long winning streak they won only one of their last 9. They are terrible at home, but great on the road. They finally get away from home.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is the biggest game of the season for the Devils. After the long winning streak they won only one of their last 9. They are terrible at home, but great on the road. They finally get away from home.

It also looked like they are a REAL DEAL, that success could last, but now they are having their hardest stretch of the season. If that slid continues, I could believe they could fall out of the playoffs. Summer predictions weren't that good for that team, and maybe there's now something, that isn't so real deal.

So Let's dump them down from that cliff !

Still that team is having great advanced stats, but losing on GF & GA side (versus expected ratings). Their goalies are definitely a weakness.

We could lose the possession play, but having good special teams again, and better goaltending than NJD, those factors would be the key to win.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My guess is Lalonde will play the "no roster changes until we lose" card and then pick whoever happened to have an off game that day to insert Vrana.

Erne is already the the off-game guy from latest games, with no scoring.

All other guys and all lines are producing,

from last game:

Larkin - Rasmussen - Perron
Berggren - Copp - Raymond
Kubalik - Veleno - Söderblom
Erne - Suter - Sundqvist <--- insert Vrana in here.

Last 5 game production:

1672673370067.png

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Erne is already the the off-game guy from latest games, with no scoring.

All other guys and all lines are producing,

from last game:

Larkin - Rasmussen - Perron
Berggren - Copp - Raymond
Kubalik - Veleno - Söderblom
Erne - Suter - Sundqvist <--- insert Vrana in here.

Last 5 game production:

View attachment 629277
Wouldn't be a bad thing to sit Erne for a game to remind him that it's a contract year. Vrana can produce with any line.

Reactions: dalem177

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Rasmussen-Larkin-Perron
Berggren-Copp-Raymond
Fabbri-Suter-Sundqvist
Kubalik-Veleno-Söderblom

Four lines capable of scoring, now THAT'S refreshing.

Let's get an upgrade to to 3rd pairing. Oesterle hasn't been bad, but DET could use an upgrade there.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Love seeing big Ras getting rewarded for his strong gameplay. He’s been only getting better every day since he’s been drafted. Most hated the pick and cried wolf about it, but I finally think we are seeing what his true potential is.

Another offseason in the gym will do wonders for him too.

Soderblom should be training with him this off-season. I don’t know if Gary Roberts has his off ice program anymore, but if he does and I’m Stevie Y, I make sure they spend their summer with Gary and his staff.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Love seeing big Ras getting rewarded for his strong gameplay. He’s been only getting better every day since he’s been drafted. Most hated the pick and cried wolf about it, but I finally think we are seeing what his true potential is.

Another offseason in the gym will do wonders for him too.

Soderblom should be training with him this off-season. I don’t know if Gary Roberts has his off ice program anymore, but if he does and I’m Stevie Y, I make sure they spend their summer with Gary and his staff.
Ras has 17 points in 33 games.
Tage Thompson had 14 points in 38 games in his 23YO season.

Now, of course not all players develop the same... but Mario Lemieux should probably look out.

In fact, I ran some advanced analytics about what we can expect in the future:
1672847250271.png

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Doesn't Gary Roberts hate Detroit? Or was it someone else giving sour comments, a year or 2 ago?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Doesn't Gary Roberts hate Detroit? Or was it someone else giving sour comments, a year or 2 ago?
Not too sure, but I know he has one hell of a workout program.

I know there is another amazing trainer in Montreal by me. He trained Veleno and Sprong and a few other younger players from MTL a few years back… was very impressive to see.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Not too sure, but I know he has one hell of a workout program.

I know there is another amazing trainer in Montreal by me. He trained Veleno and Sprong and a few other younger players from MTL a few years back… was very impressive to see.
Im not too sure about it either but if my memory doesn't completely fail me which is totally possible, it was Roberts who was bitching about the '08 SCFs. If i remember it right.....

And this also happened a while ago, in an ALUMNI game.

Reactions: 13to40 and 14ari13

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't know why, but I don't feel good about this one.
I don't know how this game will end , but I am excited to see Fabbri and Berggren, Elmer and Veleno still with Red Wings. I hope Yzerman have some trades and those 3 will never go down to GR

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Rasmussen-Larkin-Perron
Berggren-Copp-Raymond
Fabbri-Suter-Sundqvist
Kubalik-Veleno-Söderblom

Four lines capable of scoring, now THAT'S refreshing.

Let's get an upgrade to to 3rd pairing. Oesterle hasn't been bad, but DET could use an upgrade there.

It kinda looks like Fester is going piano puller/puck mover/shooter on each line. We'll see if it works.

This also sets up for the return of the Guelph line when Bert returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad