GDT: Devils at Sabres, 7:00 pm 3/29/24

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Guy in the Cozens jersey in the background of the telecast, holding a Labatts, looks soo, sooo, stoned.

He just STARED at the camera during that entire discussion.
Whine you get high you can sense all the different things and people that focus on you

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't really care anymore at this point but weird that it's those 2

Twitter is such a horrible place. Imagine even paying attention to that in order to create fake rage for clout.

It means nothing... earlier Greenway was one of the only ones to salute...

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Mr Orangeshirt

Dec 12, 2008
Xville,TN
They need to write down in their notebooks how they worked tonight and came back from a 2-0 deficit, so they can refer to it and do it again the next time it happens. Good to see them play well tonight.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It's interesting. NJ and Buffalo are both dealing with a young team that did not meet expectations. And one of them fired their coach over it.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
When it was the GM not getting a goalie all year that sank them. For a 2nd straight year.
Now Ruff's available. And this team has 2 goalies that may both win a vezina some day (never thought I'd say that about UPL).

If this team is never going to win anyway, may be fun watching Ruff mishandling goaltenders in Buffalo.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Now Ruff's available. And this team has 2 goalies that may both win a vezina some day (never thought I'd say that about UPL).

If this team is never going to win anyway, may be fun watching Ruff mishandling goaltenders in Buffalo.

Ruff sank Meier with terrible usage this year too. He's not without fault, but the biggest problem was Fitzgerald not fixing their goaltending two years in a row.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
No. It might work. It feels like trying to make some nostalgia happen.
When it comes to HC hires for the Sabres you have to pick from the center of the Venn diagram. There are “best hires”, “people Terry would hire”, and “people who would take the job”.

I think the list of people who meet all the criteria is pretty small and pushes Ruff further up the list than he maybe should be.

Reactions: Jacob582

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Tage? Orrr was it aliens?
gar3015235-giraffes-arent-real-dont-exist-government-conspiracy-birds--navy-yt-garment.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: tsujimoto74

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Wasn't paying close enough attention. Did anyone notice if the Sabres made strategic adjustments or just cranked up the intensity?

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
TBH it was probably the kill on the 2-man advantage in the 1st that took away the Devils early surge, Levi was a major part of it by saving everything that wasn't tipped in by a Sabre as well. After the goal in the first minute of the 2nd it just kept building the entire game, there were long stretches of dominance.

Fair to note here that the Sabres got zero (0) PP's, which I'm wondering when the last team one team had an early 2-man and the other got nothing at all. It seems to be one of those unwritten rules of reffing (for other teams) that you'd at least call one of the obvious ones later like Bahl's vaudeville hook on Tuch, but they declined.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad