Post-Game Talk: Devils at Rangers - December 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
In the game against the hawks, i think everyone can agree chicago had plenty of zone time and could have gotten more SOG if they werent trying to be cute with the puck every 5 seconds.

as for the devils, they've been outshot by the opposition for 11 straight games and always have low shots on goal, not surprising.

Shots on goal aren't EVERYTHING about defense anyway.

But SOG is generally a decent indicator of who is carrying the play. We outplayed NJ. You are right about Chicago. They looked like the Rangers with the unwillingness to shoot the puck from prime locations. And when Patrick Kane, of all people, had a mostly open net he shot it into the goalie.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Raanta has played 3 in 4 nights. The Rangers have a busy schedule until Christmas break. Raanta is not playing all of the games. If Hank had played 3 in 4 games it would be only a matter of time until Raanta played. Henrik will get his net back. Chicago. @Dallas. @Nashville. Jersey. @Pittsburgh. Wild. 6 games in 10 nights. Xmas break.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Raanta has played 3 in 4 nights. The Rangers have a busy schedule until Christmas break. Raanta is not playing all of the games. If Hank had played 3 in 4 games it would be only a matter of time until Raanta played. Henrik will get his net back. Chicago. @Dallas. @Nashville. Jersey. @Pittsburgh. Wild. 6 games in 10 nights. Xmas break.

I agree, it has been a hot topic in the media as well. We`ve like 52 games left until playoffs - if we get there due to our crazy division! :)

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Four Rangers now have 20 points on the season - Miller (22), Hayes (21), Stepan (21), Kreider (20)

Five players have 10+ goals - Grabner (13), Nash (11), Hayes (11), Miller (11), Vesey (10)

10 players have 10+ assists - Stepan (16), McDonagh (16), Miller (13), Skjei (13), Kreider (12), Zucc (12), Hayes (10), ZBad (10), Holden (10), Fast (10)

Grabner leads the league in +/- at +19. Hayes in 3rd at +16.

Grabner is tied for 8th in the league in goals.

Raanta is tied for 7th in the league in shutouts with 2.

Last edited:

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Thought Hayes played really well overall and was arguably one of the 3 starts. However, has anyone noticed on the PP he pretty much tries to do the same move every time in the zone? Skates back to the blue line next to the point guy with the puck, gets the pass, then skates down looking to pass across... He must've done it 3-4 times just in that game.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Four Rangers now have 20 points on the season - Miller (22), Hayes (21), Stepan (21), Kreider (20)

Four players have 10+ goals - Grabner (13), Hayes (11), Miller (11), Vesey (10)

10 players have 10+ assists - Stepan (16), McDonagh (16), Miller (13), Skjei (13), Kreider (12), Zucc (12), Hayes (10), ZBad (10), Holden (10), Fast (10)

Yeah, it`s amazing stats, and it has been a fun season so far! :)
But we are hit hard with injuries at the moment - at least Vesey is back it seems with a goal last night and that is promising indeed!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nothing was wrong with this win, we kicked the Devils teeth in and hopefully relegated that **** stain of a franchise all the way to ****ing Canada. The Devils suck, but still, **** the Devils.

I don't care if that **** sucking waste of a team is 30th in the league, beating them (5-0 no less) is always cold and satisfying.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath

Four players have 10+ goals - Grabner (13), Hayes (11), Miller (11), Vesey (10)

Five players- Nash has 11 goals :yo:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

I'll be at the WILD game... my once a year xmas trip to MSG :handclap:

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I'm curious to see if Hank is in net next game. Raanta has been amazing and probably earns the spot but, if we flip the scripts and it was Hank playing amazing, AV may want to give the hot goalie a break here soon. It's crazy to look at Hank as Raanta's back up but right now, it looks like that is the case!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'll be at the WILD game... my once a year xmas trip to MSG :handclap:

So......which game are you going to? I'm thinking they're all gonna be kind of wild as Chicago and Jersey will be looking for a little revenge and may still be looking for a goal when the game is finished.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So......which game are you going to? I'm thinking they're all gonna be kind of wild as Chicago and Jersey will be looking for a little revenge and may still be looking for a goal when the game is finished.

The Wild game. The one on the 23rd.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Hank on Tuesday because AV says he already knows who will be in Tuesday. He wouldn't say that unless it was Hank.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Solid, solid win. Outside the first few minutes Raanta didnt have to do a heap.

Congrats to Skjei on his 1st, the Lindberg line was real good and it was nice to see Pirri get back on the board

The look on his face after he scored that....as if a ton of weight was just lifted from his shoulders.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
But how do you sit a goalie coming off 2 shutouts in 3 days?

And what if Raanta gets another shutout against Chicago? Do you keep him in against Minnesota? Or what if Raanta starts against Chicago and Rangers lose and all that confidence built up by Raanta is gone?

I rather sit my backup after a good stretch of games and hope he preserves his good form for the next time he gets a start. I mean at some point you have to play your #1 goalie and give him the chance to play himself into form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad