GDT: Devils at Canes, 3/9 7:00PM

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Ancient lore tells of a rivalry between two empires. A rivalry marked by bloodshed and destruction. By triumph and heartbreak. By life and death.

The tale of all historians begins the same...

stWU9jp.jpg

But beyond that point is where the situation gets a bit...tricky. From that point forward, the details begin to twist and diverge, and two unique tales unfold.

Tripp Tracy from the garbage franchise in Carolina continues weaving his tale as such:
bejvNzz.jpg

But the historian from the suburb of Jersey, Chico Resch, swears by another truth
lhr0mej.jpg

Alas, such discrepancies among the historians has led to turmoil. Without a consistent chronology of events, the two empires have continued to loose barbs from their tongues. But arguments and diplomacy can only go so far...and now we have war.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The armies have gathered. They march upon each other at sundown tonight.

For the great empire of Jersey, a wealthy ruler controls a highly-skilled army. Salvador demands total control of the Earth, and will let nothing stand in his way.

5KLvKxl.jpg

He has employed an army, known simply as The Immortals, to carry out his bidding.

43QFOH0.jpg

As for the garbage franchise of Carolina, those willing to volunteer for the military are few. These few are not the most skilled bunch, but they have a leader who will let nothing demoralize his troops. King Eric knows of no fear, of no pain, of no defeat.

EBYMl6Z.jpg

And while his army has low attendance, due to lack of care of the masses, his army will not be pushed around.

sT3R60e.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-battle Quotes:

Salvador:

-There will be no glory in your sacrifice. I will erase even the memory of Carolina from the histories! Every piece of Southeastern parchment shall be burned. Every Southeastern historian, and every scribe shall have their eyes pulled out, and their tongues cut from their mouths. Why, uttering the very name of Carolina, or Staal, will be punishable by death! The world will never know you existed at all!

-It isn't wise to stand against me, Staal. Imagine what horrible fate awaits my enemies when I would gladly kill any of my own men for victory.

King Staal

-Carolinians never retreat! Carolinians never surrender! Go spread the word. Let every Southleasterner assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own.

-No retreat, no surrender; that is Carolinian law. And by Carolinian law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Carolinians gave their last breath to defend it!

-Carolinians! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

And as for now, my children, I must be off to prepare for war. If King Salvador wants war, then war he shall have. We will not back down, we will not give in. FOR THIS....IS.....CAROLINA!

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
And as all great historians are well versed in the strategies of warfare, will the wizard Muller be able to match wits with the great wizard DeBoer? Will political interference from within betray the galliant efforts of the skilled warriors?

daner

Feb 18, 2009
Hey does anyone know which goalie is expected to start tonight? Thanks

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
any official word on lines yet? curious to see where they slot Terry. Expecting any of him, Dwyer, or Jokinen ln Jordan's wing tonight.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Don't get me wrong here, because the GDT is imaginative and has a fun theme that is difficult to fully develop and you've done a great job with it...but are you saying that the rivalry between the two franchises began at the bump-a-Marty party?

622610-apr-2001-goalie-arturs-irbe-of-the-carolina-gettyimages.jpg

Arturs_Irbe.jpg

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Lineup from the practice:

Tlusty-E.Staal-Semin
Skinner-J.Staal-Jokinen
Terry-Nash-Dwyer
Bowman-Brent-Wallace
Westgarth

Harrison-Faulk
Gleason-Corvo
Sanguinetti-McBain

Ellis to start in the net.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hey guys, here's to a good one! Just noted by one of our local bloggers that Bryce Salvador did not make the trip with an "upper body injury" so Adam Larsson should be in. The defense pairings are most likely off, as Tallinder was a late scratch on Thursday and now Salvador being a surprise scratch today, but I don't expect the forward lines to change.

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Always like to send the Devils back to the swamp with their tails tucked between their legs. Looking forward to doing it again tonight.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Don't get me wrong here, because the GDT is imaginative and has a fun theme that is difficult to fully develop and you've done a great job with it...but are you saying that the rivalry between the two franchises began at the bump-a-Marty party?

Oh, no...that's just where I chose to pick it up. Bad choice of words on my part, I suppose.

I had found a picture of Kreider decapitating Brodeur...and I needed to use that idea. Hence the pic of Jussi carrying Brodeur's head. That also explains the mismatch of colors, as the eyedropper tool didn't want to work and I wasn't in the mood to spend half an hour trying to match the color.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I wasn't in the mood to spend half an hour trying to match the color.

slacker

Actually, I'm glad that you presented the GDT as you did, because I saw a pic of Irbe checking Sykora the other day and enjoyed the excuse to repost it here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad