Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If he doesn't use Lokti next game on the 1st line then I hope he uses the ones from last game.

Travis scoring with Patty only a few shifts in, and that Poni-Lokti-Bernier line getting one. If Carter is back though probably not.

Can we just scratch Barch for this game, and get 4 complete lines for once? I can't badmouth Barch, but he's not needed for every game. Especially against the Jets.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If he doesn't use Lokti next game on the 1st line then I hope he uses the ones from last game.

Travis scoring with Patty only a few shifts in, and that Poni-Lokti-Bernier line getting one. If Carter is back though probably not.

Can we just scratch Barch for this game, and get 4 complete lines for once? I can't badmouth Barch, but he's not needed for every game. Especially against the Jets.

I'd want:

Henrique-Lotki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Butler
Poni-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Give Josefson a chance to redeem himself, and if he stinks, switch it up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd want:

Henrique-Lotki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Butler
Poni-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Give Josefson a chance to redeem himself, and if he stinks, switch it up.

So basically today's lines from practice, but swapping Butler and Clarkson, bringing JJ up and benching Barch and Matteau. I'd be ok with that.

TG said they will be calling a center up apparently, I'd assume it will be JJ, reunite CBGB and give JJ a shot with Poni at least.

apice3*

It's really strange how much better the team looks with CBGB as a 4th line. I honestly believe that if we can get healthy and move pieces around to make them our 4th line on a nightly basis, we can be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the East.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's really strange how much better the team looks with CBGB as a 4th line. I honestly believe that if we can get healthy and move pieces around to make them our 4th line on a nightly basis, we can be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the East.

I do too because then we'd have 4 lines with a legit chance to score. We'd also have 4th liners who can play a good amount of minutes. Right now low on offense, we can use it.

I say Barch has done a fine job as the goon, but do we really need him against Winnipeg, Buffalo, and the Lightning?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Jiminy Jillickers! It looks like a hockey team!

EDIT: Though I think Clarkson's earned his spot in the top 6, at least for awhile.

With this team's lack of depth I wouldn't mind him on the 3rd. He has earned top 6 time though you're right about that.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
I do too because then we'd have 4 lines with a legit chance to score. We'd also have 4th liners who can play a good amount of minutes. Right now low on offense, we can use it.

I say Barch has done a fine job as the goon, but do we really need him against Winnipeg, Buffalo, and the Lightning?

Thats what actually upsets me about his use. He isnt terrible, but he definitely isnt helping us score, and against non rival, not hyper-physical teams he just shouldnt be in there. Yet he remains.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thats what actually upsets me about his use. He isnt terrible, but he definitely isnt helping us score, and against non rival, not hyper-physical teams he just shouldnt be in there. Yet he remains.

Seems like something we will be griping with all year. It really does make no sense*sigh* at least come playoff time we know we will be able to roll 4 lines. Last year we weren't sure at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

This is exactly what I'm saying. I haven't complained about him too much, but he's just not needed for every game. If we put Matteau in his spot during these games that would be much better, and we'd have a way better time scoring probably. That's what we need right now. When Boulton was bought out, then Parise walked, but we signed Barch I scratched my head. Then when CBGB became the 3rd line I was banging my head.

Though I guess if Tim frickin Sestito is centering his line then they won't score **** anyway.

NC107*

Lokti and Poni are nothing more than third line players. Devils are trying to acquire forwards on the cheap.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Lokti and Poni are nothing more than third line players. Devils are trying to acquire forwards on the cheap.

Lotki's ceiling is 3rd line? Oh. Not too long ago wasn't Adam Henrique considered a 3rd line player at best too? There's no way you can label a 22 year old anything at this point, especially given how impressive he's been.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Exactly. I'm sure by game 35-40 when **** starts to get real and Zubrus/Carter get close to coming back he won't see any icetime.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Exactly. I'm sure by game 35-40 when **** starts to get real and Zubrus/Carter get close to coming back he won't see any icetime.

When Josefson, and Zajac were both healthy at the same time for the first time last season he stopped using the goons.

Zajac came back against Pittsburgh, and Boulton and Janssen were both scratched. Then they stayed scratched until Josefson got hurt, and we had to use Boulton the next game. Then Clarkson sat out one game, and we put Janssen back in.

I don't think Pete likes using them as much as people think. I really wouldn't be surprised if Barch was scratched one of these games if Carter is healthy. As I keep saying Barch has been a decent goon, but he's a very interchangeable part. That's why he's averaged only 50 games a season during his career.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Lotki's ceiling is 3rd line? Oh. Not too long ago wasn't Adam Henrique considered a 3rd line player at best too? There's no way you can label a 22 year old anything at this point, especially given how impressive he's been.

And on top of that, you can't entirely judge what he's capable of yet. His ceiling may have been restricted in the Kings system because he just didn't fit, or they didn't like something about him. The Devils may groom or use him differently. Or our coaching staff may push the right buttons to get more out of him than people thought he had in him. They've done it before with other players, so who knows. He may be able to sustain the impressive play we've seen so far.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Jiminy Jillickers! It looks like a hockey team!

EDIT: Though I think Clarkson's earned his spot in the top 6, at least for awhile.

Agreed. He will almost certainly be playing over Butler too. Butler hasn't shown much of late.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
From the AHL to center Pistol Pete's 1st line in less than 10 days, Keep going my little elf...

1176686747.gif

MountainGoat

He's a keeper, fits in our lineup perfectly, hopefully he and Kovy gain a little more chemistry

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the best bargain bin steal we could have gotten. Needs more ice time immediately. He's been the teams best player for 4 games which have been some of their worst of the season.

If the rest of the team was playing to their potential then he could be something really special with the effort he's already bringing right now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
4 points in 5 games for us, what else can I say besides that he's been great. Needs some more power play time to see what he can do.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Its funny how when I mentioned last week about putting Loki on the first line with Kovy to create some kind of Russian Chemistry, a select few of ya' told me that I was nuts to even think of putting a nobody up on that line.

Now try this one, swap out Henrique with Butler & put him on the 2nd line with Clarky & Elias.

Things will get better. And wait till we get to the deadline & they trade some our scrap heap for Vinny Prospal at the deadline.

Mark that down folks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad