Sat. 4/24 Devils at Pittsburgh
Tue. 4/27 N.Y. Islanders at Devils
Thu. 4/29 Philadelphia at Devils
Sat. 5/1 Devils at Philadelphia
Mon. 5/3 Boston at Devils
Tue. 5/4 Boston at Devils
Thu. 5/6 Devils at N.Y. Islanders
Sat. 5/8 Devils at N.Y. Islanders

NJ Devils 2021 schedule released for NHL's 56-game season (northjersey.com)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That four game in six day series with the Rangers in April could be lit but also could wind up being a big nothingburger if both teams are out of it by then.

Tight schedule but only 7 back to backs. Could've been worse.

As it stands now, sure. But with inevitable postponements everything's in pencil only. The NBA has to cancel a game on the second night of the season for goodness sakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That 4 game series vs the Rangers is insane as it is but it will really be insane if both teams are in the playoff hunt still by then. Thats a huge swing of points if a team can go 3-1 or sweep that 4 game series.

This schedule is setting up the season to reduce the possibility of teams spreading covid to one another and all these back to back games definitely help with that. If someone tests positive on one of those teams it will be easier to isolate those teams if they have to.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That four game in six day series with the Rangers in April could be lit but also could wind up being a big nothingburger if both teams are out of it by then.

As it stands now, sure. But with inevitable postponements everything's in pencil only. The NBA has to cancel a game on the second night of the season for goodness sakes.

are you referring to this game? if so, i cant agree with postponement due to the fact the rockets dont have the required 8 players to play……should have to forfeit if you cant field the required amount.

might get some of these players and teams to take this shit more seriously

Thunder-Rockets game postponed | NBA.com

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
are you referring to this game? if so, i cant agree with postponement due to the fact the rockets dont have the required 8 players to play……should have to forfeit if you cant field the required amount.

might get some of these players and teams to take this shit more seriously

Thunder-Rockets game postponed | NBA.com

I agree these leagues should clamp down more as well, but we just saw with this Ravens nonsense and postponing one game four different times that these leagues are taking great pains to avoid the nuclear forefit option. Especially if (like with the NFL) both teams' players lose paychecks if a game is canceled.

Thing is with the NBA it's also a lot easier to get snagged on the number requirement with the smaller number of players overall.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I agree these leagues should clamp down more as well, but we just saw with this Ravens nonsense and postponing one game four different times that these leagues are taking great pains to avoid the nuclear forefit option. Especially if (like with the NFL) both teams' players lose paychecks if a game is canceled.

Thing is with the NBA it's also a lot easier to get snagged on the number requirement with the smaller number of players overall.

reminds me of lou and his short benches when the cap was implemented…still iced a team though

they should reduce it to 5 from 8 required to play …..if you cant a least put a starting lineup out there you are shit out of luck

sure, harden tested negative but he just didnt feel like following the rules…i have no sympathy for apathy

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's getting up in arms over one of Corey's Tweets

As if we didn't know our whole schedule is pretty much brutal anyway lol

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
3/25 to 4/4 is a good time to plan a spring break vacation where you have to miss all the hockey games.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So if you need roughly 94 points to make the playoffs in an 82 game schedule, we need roughly 64 points in this 56 game season. Feasible?

anything-is-possible-gif-3.gif

Reactions: Dialamo

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
So if you need roughly 94 points to make the playoffs in an 82 game schedule, we need roughly 64 points in this 56 game season. Feasible?
Can't say I'm too confident of that, especially with how brutal the division is likely to be, but hey: we'll likely have much improved goaltending, and the fun part of a young team is that kids have a chance of improving with time and experience while older teams sometimes fall back thanks to Father Time hitting their rosters, so maybe a few key guys all take major steps forward this year at the same time?

There are definitely some brutal stretches in here, but if the Devils at least come out of this season looking like a legitimately tough team to play against I'll take that as a strong sign about the team's near future. Let's find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
This Swiss cheese defense is gonna get absolutely destroyed in that division.

There’s like one team that has any kind of decent chance of being worse than us, the Sabres, and even that I’m not at all confident in.

I was told the days of this team competing for last place were over. Yeah right, I’ll believe it when I see it. It seems pretty clear to me that the only realistic chance of that is if Blackwood and Hughes become stars in this league overnight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad