Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I’ll predict we make a deal with Minnesota tonight.

If Ray isn’t inspired by what’s available at 17, I’d imagine it gets moved (with appropriate adds) for Brodin/Zucker/Nino. All three guys would fit like a glove here.

Reactions: OmNomNom

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
Spot on "SpeakingOfTheDevils"!!! I would be happy to take on the one year of Tyler Ennis in order to get any one of Brodin, Zucker, Niederreiter or Dumba. That is the perfect scenario of using the cap space to your advantage. Wild need to sign Zucker & Dumba and a couple of spare parts and only have $12M left. It just seems too obvious that I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I’ll predict we make a deal with Minnesota tonight.

If Ray isn’t inspired by what’s available at 17, I’d imagine it gets moved (with appropriate adds) for Brodin/Zucker/Nino. All three guys would fit like a glove here.
I doubt we move entirely out of the first. Niederreiter+24 for 17+?? would be a far better trade. Niederreiter isnt worth a first alone considering he is definitely overpaid for the time being

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
everyone ready for another draft where the chatter leading up is "omg there is gonna be so much activity - blockbusters", only two see maybe one larger scale deal and the rest crickets?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
wandered onto the wild board, and they actually don't mind the following:
what about ennis + nino for michael mcleod + 17?

they also liked the following LOL

"Nino + Ennis + 24 + something else for Palmieri + 17"

but also said that while that's a pipe dream, palmieri is more realistically replaced with zacha in that trade

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009

but also said that while that's a pipe dream, palmieri is more realistically replaced with zacha in that trade
Yeah no shit they don't mind getting Mcleod and a first rounder while dumping salary. No thanks.

Reactions: Davegarri

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I wouldn’t be too crazy about either one...the former is essentially two first rounders for Nino, and a hard no on moving Palms.

17 plus Quenneville for 24, Neiderreiter and Ennis?

Not sure Minny would do it but guess I’d be fine with that.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
hmmm brock nelson as our new 2C and shift zacha to a wing? interesting...

nelson is absolutely expendable, since he's playing 3C behind JT and barzal. but i think he can be a lot better
Nelson should be nowhere near the 2C if Zacha cant be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad