Post-Game Talk: Devil I

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That is playoff hockey. Devils have to show that they have the ability to do that. But I know for sure that no one on their blue line is moving Kreider anywhere.
I mean...they also didn't even try. He was completely untouched on both his PP goals. Amazingly bad job of the Devils PK on that, it's like letting Ovechkin stand in his spot completely unopposed and allowing the pass to him

Reactions: yrrebbor
Jan 8, 2012
NY
I mean...they also didn't even try. He was completely untouched on both his PP goals. Amazingly bad job of the Devils PK on that, it's like letting Ovechkin stand in his spot completely unopposed and allowing the pass to him
Yeah but...how are these butter soft Devils going to move that mountain of a man? If they put a guy on him,
a - Kreider can outmuscle them anyway OR
b- that makes one of Mika or Kane be open for one timers.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah but...how are these butter soft Devils going to move that mountain of a man? If they put a guy on him,
a - Kreider can outmuscle them anyway OR
b- that makes one of Mika or Kane be open for one timers.

Their defense very clearly cannot handle our forwards in the offensive zone. Siegenthaler is the only good defensive defenseman they have and the Rangers (particularly Vladi and Trocheck) were hammering him all game. Graves is way in over his head getting the matchup against Kreider. Hamilton puts up points but he's so vanilla, the Rangers blocked pretty much every shot he took.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
People will finally get it in July when they see what Kane has to get done. You'd have to be blind to think he's mailing in shifts. He's in pain. It'll have to be managed. However, just his presence is massive for a team looking to get over the hump. He will be fine on the PP. He will have his moments. He looks very stiff, however, but that goes back to my original point.

Yeah i mean, I didnt like his all around game last night but he definitely made some good plays and hustled on D. He also is a big factor in opening up space for Kreider and Mika to get shots off on the PP. His presence alone is something opposing team's need to account and gameplan for. He also hasn't been in a playoff game with fans (we all know the bubble doesnt count) since 2017. Not making an excuse, just stating the reality. He'll be fine.

Reactions: Anthony5967

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Playoffs are all about how groups respond to adversity. We got game 1 out of the way and really humbled them, now it's about putting them on 1 knee to take it back to MSG and not giving them an ounce of momentum. I wanted a split in NJ at the very least and maybe I'm getting greedy here, but we can f***ing do this. The Devs will look at what they did well against us in the opening stages of that 2nd period and try and bite back. I expect game 2 to be much tighter all-around and certainly not as satisfying for us on the scoresheet but the seed of doubt & confusion has already been planted amongst the young guns in that Devils locker room. You really think Hughes and Hischier are going to know what to say and how to say it to rally that roster right now? Maybe, but none of their core players outside of Palat/Hamilton/Tatar are true league veterans. Palat is the vet they will have to hinge & rely on.

train.JPG

Meanwhile when I look at this Rangers bench I see an extremely grizzled team built for hardcore playoff Hockey. With the type of players to support that system on every line. Our core is rugged, and our complimentary guys are the youth (apart from Foxy). We are perfectly balanced right now. If we didn't have someone like Kreider on this team and instead it was Lafreniere in that role, things would be a lot different. If we didn't have a captain like Trouba and instead it was a young Schneider in that role, things would be a lot different. I see a core group of MEN ready to sacrifice their body to get a sports championship. For the Devils it's a core group of BOYS ready to fancy their hands to a sports championship. After last night I just don't think the Devils are on the same plane of existence as us right now. And honestly how can anyone be surprised? This is the team that took CAR to 7 and then battled against a dynastic Tampa roster in one go. They are truly hardened.
I'll eat my words if game 2 is a disaster but the Rangers look mean as hell and ready for anything this spring.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Playoffs are all about how groups respond to adversity. We got game 1 out of the way and really humbled them, now it's about putting them on 1 knee to take it back to MSG and not giving them an ounce of momentum. I wanted a split in NJ at the very least and maybe I'm getting greedy here, but we can f***ing do this. The Devs will look at what they did well against us in the opening stages of that 2nd period and try and bite back. I expect game 2 to be much tighter all-around and certainly not as satisfying for us on the scoresheet but the seed of doubt & confusion has already been planted amongst the young guns in that Devils locker room. You really think Hughes and Hischier are going to know what to say and how to say it to rally that roster right now? Maybe, but none of their core players outside of Palat/Hamilton/Tatar are true league veterans. Palat is the vet they will have to hinge & rely on.

View attachment 691911
Meanwhile when I look at this Rangers bench I see an extremely grizzled team built for hardcore playoff Hockey. With the type of players to support that system on every line. Our core is rugged, and our complimentary guys are the youth (apart from Foxy). We are perfectly balanced right now. If we didn't have someone like Kreider on this team and instead it was Lafreniere in that role, things would be a lot different. If we didn't have a captain like Trouba and instead it was a young Schneider in that role, things would be a lot different. I see a core group of MEN ready to sacrifice their body to get a sports championship. For the Devils it's a core group of BOYS ready to fancy their hands to a sports championship. After last night I just don't think the Devils are on the same plane of existence as us right now. And honestly how can anyone be surprised? This is the team that took CAR to 7 and then battled against a dynastic Tampa roster in one go. They are truly hardened.
I'll eat my words if game 2 is a disaster but the Rangers look mean as hell and ready for anything this spring.

Great post, couldn't agree more. Unfortunately these intangibles are given the ol' Francesca hand wave and discounted because the 'deserve to Win-o-meter" wasn't in our favor.

Reactions: AirGut

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Forgot to add this to my reply, but I elaborated a little more above. I am not down on the team at all, I am just not sure if they can beat a team like the Bruins with these peaks and valleys. Though interestingly enough, the Bruins beat the Panthers in a very similar fashion in their Game 1.

No one can realistically say they can beat the bruins right now based on the regular season until someone actually does. Can’t worry about the Bruins till it’s time to worry about the Bruins. I personally think we’re on a collision course and I think as an older team it’ll be to our advantage to get them in the conference Final when maybe they’ve been worn down a bit . But we’ve got to take care of ALOT of business first and we need to do it quicker than we did last year. 2 game 7s in the first two rounds is brutal

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
CK had a down PP year with Mika's one timer becoming notorious around the league. So PKs tend to cheat to Mika and allow CK a little more space. You can bet they'll be cheating over to CK next game's PK, opening up cross ice passes and one timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad