That surge with the moms....and then the Auntie and Mama interview
antm crying gif.gif

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just 2 points behind the Rongos!

If you told me that was possible in November, I would have laughed in your face. Granted the Rongos are helping by self-imploding…

If the season ended right now, winner of the Metro gets Toronto, 2nd in the Metro gets Philly.

There’s a lot of ways the wildcard could shake out that’d actually make it worse to be the Metro winner on paper.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If the season ended right now, winner of the Metro gets Toronto, 2nd in the Metro gets Philly.

There’s a lot of ways the wildcard could shake out that’d actually make it worse to be the Metro winner on paper.
Playoff format is f***ing dumb. It sucked when we got the B's and the Rags got the meh Penguins in the first round the other year.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I know everyone loved wardo, but father Finn has to be the most likeable canes goalie in a long time. Add to that the story about how he didn't defer his service and was infantry...

I'm really glad they picked him as first star tonight. I have to feel he's pretty sore and this season is his last run.

While I understand he is not our best goalie as a US Navy vet Raanta is one of my favorite Canes of all time.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I know everyone loved wardo, but father Finn has to be the most likeable canes goalie in a long time. Add to that the story about how he didn't defer his service and was infantry...
Some interview story or...? Can I get the main gist of it, please?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Since the disastrous Canada road trip in December we have been 13-3-4 (75% points). Gone from 6th in tge metro to fighting for 1st.

Out 5v5 play during this run is still concerning as a playoff trend. We are +4 in goals scored and within 2 goals of expected goal differential. Its nice just to be worried about potential playoff performance instead of just making the playoffs. Since January started, our 5v5 goal differential is +6 so maybe we are starting to trend in the right direction, we’ll see how the rest of the season starts.

Special teams are still carrying us. We have scored 25 PP goals since that road trip, 2nd in the league during that time. Colorado has 26.

Our PK has allowed 6 total goals against during this span, tied for best in the league with Detroit. Detroit has scored 2 more shorties than us during this timeframe so, they get the pk edge.

Overall we are +22 in goals scored, allowed the 5th least total goals (WIN, SEA, EDM, and Van are better) and 7th best in goals scored (COL, DAL, Bos, Tor, Van and TB better). Things are on the up and up, just need to improve the 5v5 play being the primary playoff situation.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Some interview story or...? Can I get the main gist of it, please?
I can't remember where I read it but I know he was infantry. There's a story involving rocket launchers he carried etc. Finns have a choice of military or civilian civil (like Germany) and he chose military. Many players do.

There's a couple stories out there with regards to his service. At one time he led an anti armor infantry team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad