GDT: devhur

Who is the best Martin in sports?

• Total voters

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I can't remember where I read it but I know he was infantry. There's a story involving rocket launchers he carried etc. Finns have a choice of military or civilian civil (like Germany) and he chose military. Many players do.

There's a couple stories out there with regards to his service. At one time he led an anti armor infantry team.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I was truly in sync with the team last night - for the last ~35 minutes of the game i put forth the baseline effort to remain somewhat aware of what was going on and not much more.

Strangely, at no point did i think nj was going to do anything to make it interesting. And that was true, minus a complete keystone kops fluke goal that was too late to matter. That was a truly weird state to be in - i still half expect lorenzo charles' dunk to clang off the back of the rim so hard it travels the full length of the court for a swish to give houston the title. I don't do comfortable ever.

I kind of liked it. Especially in a scheduled loss.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Glad to see a Canes win and that no one had a kiss and cry meltdown. Hope they close out the pre-break span with a win. Vancouver as the return game could be interesting with the rust effects.

The CBJ arena is quite nice. Love how spacious it is but it felt 10X colder than PNC by the ice. Like many sports, the best skating came down to Fluidity & Grace vs Power & Athleticism. I am curious to see which wins out tonight.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I can't remember where I read it but I know he was infantry. There's a story involving rocket launchers he carried etc. Finns have a choice of military or civilian civil (like Germany) and he chose military. Many players do.

There's a couple stories out there with regards to his service. At one time he led an anti armor infantry team.
Ah. Säkylä was where I was too 25 years ago. Sensible choice of a venue for a local Rauma boy, quite manageable to drive back and forth to the hockey practices with other Lukko juniors.

Reactions: geehaad

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Necas had his first bad game since coming back. Chatty-Orlov didn’t look good last night and it showed:

1706282483926.jpeg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I can see it. He didn’t really win the faceoff. Both he and the other center jostled in the faceoff, the Devils center hits it, Bunting picks it up, Turbo scores.
I can both see that as valid, and guarantee you if that center was Connor McDavid or Nathan MacKinnon or Sidney Crosby, they would still have that assist.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Necas had his first bad game since coming back. Chatty-Orlov didn’t look good last night and it showed:

View attachment 810764
KK was bad last night. he was out of position on the devils first goal (behind the goal covering no one). His offense is also non-existent now. something is off about him. he again looks to be gliding too much and late to get back on D. I thought the team overall skated well and was positionally sound defensively. forwards were skating hard to (except KK) to get back and clog passing lanes.

I would bench KK and bring up Pono for the next game. Send the message right before the break that KK's play sucks right now. Drury is holding his own as 2C. Not great but adequate.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad