Prospect Info: Development Camp July 7-12 - Washington Capitals

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I like that they are putting the top prospects together as linemates. I vaguely remember previous camps, where they had their grade A guys skating with what seemed like random linemates -- which can make it very hard for a skilled player to show his full ability.

I also finally watched a bunch of Trotz interviews. All positive impressions, except I got those from Oates, too, so not paying too much attention to talk any more.

Is he gonna be more creative in using his superstars? Is he gonna play unproductive players just because they have a reputation for playing "the right way"? Is he gonna give young players room to develop?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Wuthrich here today. Is this a new development?

Edit: DiPauli too. Assuming they came down together.

So, you have me blocked on here?

DiPauli arrived and was on ice on Wednesday and Thursday. Wuthrich was on ice and played in the scrimmage yesterday.

Herbert didn't play in the scrimmage today. White lines I posted were a bit scrambled as a result, but not all of them.

The D pairings looked to be the same and you could tell the pairs were more comfortable playing with each other. Djoos playing in the SHL is obvious, I know he's expected to play for Brynnas this year, but would love to see how he looks in the main training camp, not sure he'll be there though if he does go back to the SHL.

Urbas article for those asking about him. I'm sure he will show up in the video clips from today's scrimmage, he made one particularly noticeable pass, which ended up as a goal, among other plays. Obviously, as noted, that line with the two first round draft picks and Urbas was noticeable both days. Boyd and DiPauli, too, and the later Sanford goal.

For the white team, Stephenson should show up in the clips.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I kept an eye out for Vranakovksy and Bowey. Hard to miss the first pair, Bowey didn't seem to do much of note.

Stephenson was the only forward I saw finishing his checks consistently. Stanford had a few nice plays, since someone asked. IMHO, if you are not a high skill player, it is tough to stand out in dcamp.

Here are the best videos I got. O'Brien got pissed after getting cc'd in front, and then a Bura goal. I think Vrana was the flashiest player on the ice.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Think the only goal I took a video of was the Boyd goal, but no way to post.

Thanks for sharing your videos RH.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
No, Galiev is not in attendance. He's played two pro years in the organization and Caps typically don't bring those players into camp, plus would have been his choice given number he has attended (in his case, guessing not invited anyway.)

Caps video highlights are up from today

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Would also think camps like this favor the offensive players vs. the defenders, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad