Prospect Info: Devellano comments on Anthony Mantha

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
From what I've seen he has played well even though he has not scored much. The problem is his style is one of those that if he's not scoring, you will not notice him much, which if we compare to say someone like Larkin, you will notice him even if he does not score.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
From what I've seen he has played well even though he has not scored much. The problem is his style is one of those that if he's not scoring, you will not notice him much [...]

It's pretty cool the Wings could replace Franzen so quickly.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I have no problem with calling him out.

I had a problem with his comments initially, but I've come around to this point of view also. Mantha's done alright, but he's under-performed insofar as he is supposed to be a bluechip prospect / goal scorer. Hopefully Jimmy D's comments light a fire under his ass so he has a good summer, and then comes back and tears up the A next season.

It's pretty cool the Wings could replace Franzen so quickly.

The french mule. How do you say "mule" in french?

*uses goole translate*

"Mule," apparently.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Larkin got a point. Mantha really needs to step it up. Next year, Next year there are 0 excuses he should not be scoring.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Larkin got a point. Mantha really needs to step it up. Next year, Next year there are 0 excuses he should not be scoring.

I think Mantha just needs the off-season at this point. He probably needs to get his head straight more than anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he's reeling a bit - he comes in with HUGE expectations, breaks his leg, and then gets upstaged by Pulkkinen, then AA, then, and now (arguably) Bert and Larkin. It's basically adversity upon adversity for a guy that's been sailing along for so long.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
As far as I am concerned this year is a wash for Mantha. He came in and missed a good chunk of his first pro season season after breaking his leg. He basically had no training camp or preseason. If not for that broken leg and the missed games he probably scores at least 50 points. There is no doubt in my mind he will be a 30+30 guy in the AHL next year, at minimum, and will see some NHL games. Pulks will be in the NHL full-time and AA/Mantha will be the first call-ups for wing, Larkin for center. I predict all three will see at least 15 NHL games next year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Mantha got a goal

Mantha scored?

post-12591-NASA-Celebrate-gif-b5GN.gif

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Mantha scored?

post-12591-NASA-Celebrate-gif-b5GN.gif

If he's talking about the one from last Friday it was a beauty. Kid finally realized he's 6'5", 215 lbs, and has good speed. Hit the blue line with the puck dished it, and drove the net hard. I believe if Mickey saw it he'd call it a "goal scorers goal" and drunkenly ramble for ten minutes with Mantha/Ovie comparisons...

Edit: Found the video

http://youtu.be/TGLDofFPtS0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad