Player Discussion Devante Smith-Pelly

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
As a wise man once said (paraphrasing), "If we knew anything about the game we'd be in it."

LOL, post of the day.

I can very clearly remember me trashing GMBM for signing old, broken, washed up Orpik for huge dollars and term. If I knew anything about the game, I'd be in it!

There's a reason I don't post much about player acquisitions anymore during the offseason. Keeps me from being wrong a lot.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
LOL, post of the day.

I can very clearly remember me trashing GMBM for signing old, broken, washed up Orpik for huge dollars and term. If I knew anything about the game, I'd be in it!

There's a reason I don't post much about player acquisitions anymore during the offseason. Keeps me from being wrong a lot.

Yeah, I've been wrong a lot. I tried to rationalize the Forsberg trade and I honestly thought Erat would be a useful player for the Caps. :help:

Reactions: JMUcapsfan07

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Always nervous when I sheepishly look back at threads like these worried I made some dumb proclamation about the signing....thankfully no comment from me.

What a steal. Mr Clutch.

Reactions: calicapsfan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Always nervous when I sheepishly look back at threads like these worried I made some dumb proclamation about the signing....thankfully no comment from me.

What a steal. Mr Clutch.

I think you and I often have the same approach to these moves: time will tell.

One thing I've been consistent in despite the ups and downs is faith in Gmbm's ability to TRY to address the needs of the team. Whether or not things worked out that year became another story and filtered down to the coaches and players, but I don't think I've ever wavered in my support of the post-McPhee front office.

Maybe some TDL deals were underwhelming in the end, but overall they get an "A" grade. It would be an A+ but for a few little blips and the fact that after the Cup presentation Gmbm said he had no idea why this team was better than the last three. LOL probably shouldn't admit that, dude. At least give a sly wink.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Super cap friendly deal, 2-way, significant NHL experience, this is a bargain find that could pay off and if it doesn't it's no risk. This is a great signing, but it's also like cleaning the windows on a ship that has a gapping hole in the side. I like this deal a lot more if it was last year.

I come out looking a lot better than others on this deal.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Somebody projected Latta to be better than FF, lol. We can laugh about this now ::)
I know everyone is bitter about trading Forsberg away. He developed into a very good player but he may not have developed into the same player if he stayed here. Had he stayed in DC he would have been pretty far down on the depth chart and probably wouldn't have gotten much time on the pp. In Nashville he was on the top line and top pp unit immediately.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad