Recalled/Assigned: Devane Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto
They're just looking which forward group they should take on the road with them next week, which they can now do thanks to Fraser's cap hit being on LTIR. Obviously the gang's play tonight will play a role in the final decision.

Tyler Biggs*

Ashton was ready to fight Prust. Tinordi jumped in. Prust was avoiding the Leafs tough guys all game. Fraser beat him up last year, and this year. Devane is a heavy-weight. Watch Neil run away like usual.

Tyler Biggs*

I could see him drawing in for Ashton given his broken nose and cage.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
lol. expected fights, and it turned into a game. the most exciting one of the season so far for the leafs.

maybe broll would have been the better call up after all.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
lol. expected fights, and it turned into a game. the most exciting one of the season so far for the leafs.

What are you talking about? Devane was solid tonight.

This guy isn't just a useless plug - he can become a very useful role player.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Only caught the third period onwards, can someone explain how he played?

I didn't notice him too much but he had little ice time. He had a scoring chance that was refreshing to see because I think McClaren and Orr play at a skill level below Devane. He's not a good skater but he's better than I thought he would be.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Only caught the third period onwards, can someone explain how he played?

He was alright. Got into the forecheck pretty well but the game wasn't really physical and he didn't really play much so he wasn't very noticeable. Devane, Abbott and Bodie hardly got ice time because the Leafs were playing catch up for 2/3rds of the game and needed goals, plus we had 6 PPs which they dont play on.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010

:laugh: Broll sucks.

He may be a solid 3rd liner one day but that day is far, far away.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Colorado's toughness is like the Leafs'. It's concentrated to a few fighters. Otherwise, they aren't rough and tumble team. I'm always a little concerned about playing against Steve Downie when he's trying to impress. There's always the possibility he'll cross way over the line. And he now has a coach who may encourage that nonsense.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Colorado's toughness is like the Leafs'. It's concentrated to a few fighters. Otherwise, they aren't rough and tumble team. I'm always a little concerned about playing against Steve Downie when he's trying to impress. There's always the possibility he'll cross way over the line. And he now has a coach who may encourage that nonsense.

They're really not tough outside of Bordeleau and not very physical in general. We probably get more hits in 1 game than they get in 2. They just have quite a few young and skilled forwards. I would like to see Devane play anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany