GDT: Detroit @ Toronto 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
They only have top guys left, don't they?
Mostly. These are the guys left, based on practise lines yesterday, plus Klingberg, who may go today.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Tavares Nylander
McMann-Kampf-Reaves
Knies-Minten-Jarnkrok
Gregor-Holmberg-Lafferty
Clifford-Robertson

Rielly-Brodie
Giordano-Liljegren
McCabe-Benoit
Lagesson-Kokkonen
Klingberg

Samsonov (starter)
Woll
Jones

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I expect the Wings to dominate, just to show how overpaid and overrated our core 4 are.

The Habs did it on Monday by coming back from being down 2 goals.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs should crush them tonight looking at the lines on paper.... but until the regular season starts... other than guys trying to make the team it'll be a lot of floating around.

With a hard working Detroit team full of a bunch of nobodies and Holl scoring a couple of times.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Looking forward to seeing Minten again
The kids done nothing but impress

Looking forward to the season but this has been the most fun preseason we've had in awhile imo

Watching this new batch of kids starting to develop and push for spots already always makes these camps less painful to watch

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Obviously it's on him to win a spot but I feel for Robertson. Should just send him down at this point and let him get focused on the Marlies and hopefully forcing his way back up.
He probably plays in the last game.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Return of Holl

Justin Holl is +4 in preseason so far?
1696523250512.gif

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Obviously it's on him to win a spot but I feel for Robertson. Should just send him down at this point and let him get focused on the Marlies and hopefully forcing his way back up.

He hasn't been good enough, but he also hasn't been terrible which is encouraging. In good spots, getting chances, seems faster and able to follow NHL play a lot better than he did before. However he is clearly rusty (of course he has barely played the last few years) and looks like he took shooting lessons from Jason Blake sniping into the goalies crest every shot he gets.

He can use some time with the Marlies to refind his shot, his game, what makes him special. I think actually before he had the physical tools but lacked the mentality, now he has the mentality but rust has taken his tools. It's encouraging to me that he now has everything he needs and just needs to put it all in the toolbox.

Go down to the Marlies and score 15 points in 10 games, get your flow and confidence back, and come back with everything you have learned when someone gets injured. This is not the end of the line for him, and as long as he understands all of this and has the right attitude he will be fine.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
What’s a couple more days up with the big club going to matter? IMO he’s had a very good camp, of not for waivers, he would have been given a much harder look to break with the team. Unfortunately, this has been his short term destiny since the start. He will come up first injury, I’m still keen on the kid, he hasn’t played and he has hands, finish.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad