GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers 7:30PM Est

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
to all of you "why don't we lose more," these players are professionals who are doing their job, and I commend them for it. They will do their best to win in every game, regardless of the "lottery odds." In most sports leagues all over the world not called NHL or NBA, tanking on purpose would be investigated on the same ground as throwing games to your opponent or other forms of cheating.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
to all of you "why don't we lose more," these players are professionals who are doing their job, and I commend them for it. They will do their best to win in every game, regardless of the "lottery odds." In most sports leagues all over the world not called NHL or NBA, tanking on purpose would be investigated on the same ground as throwing games to your opponent or other forms of cheating.

I expect them to compete every night. I am not really surprised that the effort has been there for the most part, we have a bunch of guys with pretty high character.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Nobody is asking the players to intentionally throw the games

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
There is no league literally anywhere where players try to lose. That's taking money out of their own wallets. General managers are the ones who try to lose. You're not making any sense. GMs don't tell the players to stop trying, they just trade the good players away so it doesn't matter.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
There is no league literally anywhere where players try to lose. That's taking money out of their own wallets. General managers are the ones who try to lose. You're not making any sense. GMs don't tell the players to stop trying, they just trade the good players away so it doesn't matter.
well again, then should I do a search for how man times on these boards people have asked the team to "lose more?" Where am I not making sense?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I remember when that play by Gilmour was just a good hockey play. Heh.

And a bit of a crock that we just lost 10 seconds of power play time because a ref had rabbit ears.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
When people say "the team" they mean the entire organization. Ken Holland is included in the Detroit Red Wings organization.
I understand that, but the roster is what it is and by asking "the team" to "lose more" you are asking these players to stop doing their job and to stop competing.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I have to think that a drop pass to a streaking forward is 20+ through the neutral zone and back to your faceoff dots that its effectiveness is compromised a bit.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Mantha needs to pick it up. That was pitiful on the pp. Giveaway and halfassed effort to defend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad