Detroit Red Wings #6 Prospect 14-15

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Voted Pulkks again. This kid has the offensive ability, and more than that he is very humble when it comes to his game. He's willing to work on his short comings, like defense and foot speed, even though he has the kind of shot that by itself could make him a valuable NHL asset.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Since 2008 there is one player who's gone 15th overall that I'd rather have Pulk over.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/nhl-draft-picks/15th-overall/150509/

We disagree here as well. Since 2000 there are only three that I would comfortably take over him.

Pulock, Karlsson and Radulov.

Now admittedly I am not a huge Ceci fan and I get him going for most and Larkin could absolutely enter that argument as you have been doing. I have no problem arguing about it for the record, just right now I don't take him over a guy with 31 goals in the AHL.

To each his own. JT Miller and Peter Holland are both players I hope Larkin is better than. I think Pulks elite shooting is going to transition better than the projections on their offense at the NHL level. Holland has a good rep in the AHL and both guys play power games and will take longer, but I have been underwhelmed by JT Miller and Peter Holland at the NHL level in part because they don't have anything elite in their game to lean on in my opinion. We will see Larkin is more in the vein of those guys but with elite speed and better defense.

Also for the Pulock angle, I was a huge fan of his game. Obviously very happy to end up with Mantha but that is the guy I wanted entering last year. Has great explosion is built like a brick house and has an elite shot from the back-end.

Brandel*

We disagree here as well. Since 2000 there are only three that I would comfortably take over him.

Now admittedly I am not a huge Ceci fan and I get him going for most and Larkin could absolutely enter that argument as you have been doing. I have no problem arguing about it for the record, just right now I don't take him over a guy with 31 goals in the AHL.

To each his own. JT Miller and Peter Holland are both players I hope Larkin is better than. I think Pulks elite shooting is going to transition better than the projections on their offense at the NHL level. Holland has a good rep in the AHL and both guys play power games and will take longer, but I have been underwhelmed by JT Miller and Peter Holland at the NHL level in part because they don't have anything elite in their game to lean on in my opinion. We will see Larkin is more in the vein of those guys but with elite speed and better defense.

Also for the Pulock angle, I was a huge fan of his game. Obviously very happy to end up with Mantha but that is the guy I wanted entering last year. Has great explosion is built like a brick house and has an elite shot from the back-end.

Holland was definitely iffy but he was used terribly last year in TOR and he looked better when he went back to the AHL in the playoffs than Pulkkinen did. Carlyle is just brutal and I can't fault Holland for having a coach who can't deploy his players properly. JT Miller comes with concerns as well, similar to Pulkinenen in a way (at least to me). I'd definitely take all 3 defenceman quite quickly over TP. I guess it just comes down to me not being as high on Pulkkinen as others. Might be just because he has a style that is different and he's difficult to compare to any current NHLers.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Holland was definitely iffy but he was used terribly last year in TOR and he looked better when he went back to the AHL in the playoffs than Pulkkinen did. Carlyle is just brutal and I can't fault Holland for having a coach who can't deploy his players properly. JT Miller comes with concerns as well, similar to Pulkinenen in a way (at least to me). I'd definitely take all 3 defenceman quite quickly over TP. I guess it just comes down to me not being as high on Pulkkinen as others. Might be just because he has a style that is different and he's difficult to compare to any current NHLers.

Vrbata or Michael Ryder are probably who I would use. Yes a little bigger in terms of those guys, but an explosive shot from the right side both slapper and wrist that can beat the best goalies in the world.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I would take Ceci over Pulkkinen. Fills our biggest need well, good young D.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would take Ceci over Pulkkinen. Fills our biggest need well, good young D.

On record with taking Sproul over Ceci, so can't say that with a straight face as I have voted Pulkkinen over him.

Ceci is in an interesting spot being stuck behind Karlsson it blocks some of the ice time he needs to be as successful in terms of his big projections from many.

I understand the argument but just how I look at it. Also that is a need right now, not one I think he can fill on this team and I am pretty high on our three RDs that are younger. If I believed Ceci could help now that gets interesting, but he likely wouldn't have played a different role in Grand Rapids than Sproul who I think is better offensively and has tools I do desire over Ceci.

Brandel*

I liked Ceci's no look dropper to Sheahan last year. upped his value for me :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I liked Ceci's no look dropper to Sheahan last year. upped his value for me :laugh:

Ceci reminds me of Burns in that aspect. Once or twice a game he seems to have a transition moment that makes you scratch your head. For as often as people harp on this with Smith it would be a train wreck. I don't think he handles pressure real well in terms of a good forecheck, he has a bit of the yips when his skating isn't enough, he is going to have to get that out of his game. Also needs to be harder in front of the net in and in the corners for me.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
its not the number of players, its also the quality. even if there is only a 1/5 chance of landing a karlsson, he's a franchise player. i would trade pulks for a 1/5 chance of a franchise player.

who says it's even 1/5?

that list goes back to 1980 and has 3 franchise players on it(Karlsson,Sakic,MacInnis)

the last one before Karlsson was Sakic all the way back in 1987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad