Detroit Red Wings #2 Prospect Summer 17/18 Run Off

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Fil. Stuck out during the development camp. Killed it for the Saginaw spirit while adjusting to smaller ice. 6 feet tall and says he will work on getting bigger and stronger this off season.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Sticking with Hronek. I'm still pumped for Ras though; a big-framed pivot was sorely needed in the system.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I voted for Rasmussen originally but it was a coin toss. I think I'll vote for Hronek in the tie break knowing that I can re-evaluate 1 year later. (Since I gave my vote on an optimistic outlook for Rasmussen in his draft +1, I think that's fair.) Hronek, Rasmussen, and Cholowski are very, very close IMO.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I went with Hronek again. I feel pretty strongly that he's the better prospect but I can understand why others are picking Rasmussen. This looks like it'll go down to the wire again.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think you could make arguments either way. But I want to believe in my heart of hearts that Hronek becomes a great NHL defender.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hronek. I want to see Rasmussen have a good season with better even strength production and some growth of his skill set before I put him this high. Also, Hronek's been very impressive.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Hronek. Especially given our needs and Hronek's development. Way more excited about him than Rasmussen who doesn't even project as a 1C anyway...

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
So I'm pretty confused about the way this poll has gone. It was a tie before but now Hronek is winning 2-1. Based on the previous poll it should be a coin flip for each poster. A 41-20 result should have about a 0.5% chance of occurring (if my way too quick math is right) if that's the case...this seems very odd.

So either Hronek voters are significantly more active on this site and thus are visiting now and voting earlier by a 2-1 marginl, 50% of Rasmussen voters changed their minds or some combination of the two. It's weird, regardless I think we can declare Hronek the winner at this point as Ras has only a 0.5% chance of coming back.

Edit: now at 43-20 which would have only had a 0.26% chance of happening...

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't mind either. Still love our future PP, where Hronek blasts one-timer and Rasmussen will screen or tip it in. Both are great on their own roles.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
I voted for Rasmussen originally but it was a coin toss. I think I'll vote for Hronek in the tie break knowing that I can re-evaluate 1 year later. (Since I gave my vote on an optimistic outlook for Rasmussen in his draft +1, I think that's fair.) Hronek, Rasmussen, and Cholowski are very, very close IMO.
Y tho? Cholo had as pedestrian of a draft +1 season as one can imagine, and on a relatively weak league to boot.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
So I'm pretty confused about the way this poll has gone. It was a tie before but now Hronek is winning 2-1. Based on the previous poll it should be a coin flip for each poster. A 41-20 result should have about a 0.5% chance of occurring (if my way too quick math is right) if that's the case...this seems very odd.

So either Hronek voters are significantly more active on this site and thus are visiting now and voting earlier by a 2-1 marginl, 50% of Rasmussen voters changed their minds or some combination of the two. It's weird, regardless I think we can declare Hronek the winner at this point as Ras has only a 0.5% chance of coming back.

My theory is if you make a strong arguement with the first comment or two the votes will sway your way. That's what I tried to do to help out my guy Hronek

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
My theory is if you make a strong arguement with the first comment or two the votes will sway your way. That's what I tried to do to help out my guy Hronek

i voted Hronek both times. but ill imagine there are many voters that could be swayed.

I being not a huge prospect fan, like to hear from the more hardcore fans about these guys in this thread.
consider me a convinceable voter, so when you vote, post a comment to make your case, and you may win my vote too ;P

I also always favor the more NHL ready prospect in a close vote.

I would like to hear more about Hronek by anyone in the know, while we wait for the next poll.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Then this will probably blow your mind.

In round 1 Rasmussen had 23 votes while Hronek had 5.

There has been a lot of negative campaigning, enough to the degree I have pretty much thrown up my hands and I am not all that interested in arguing why I think he is the #1 prospect in our system anymore.

I want all of these guys to do well and really I see us as having a big 4 in terms of prospects and Bert as a very advanced #5 in the rankings that I like a lot as a player. It is what it is for me. I had Hronek at #2 on my list he just was behind Rasmussen for me.

If Rasmussen has a dominate +1 season because of his obvious natural gifts he can completely rewrite the order next year. I have a feeling he will and the doubters he does have are going to be pretty quiet even by the time the mid-season polls happen around here.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I really like Hronek as a prospect.. but no way he is deserving of twice the amount of votes as Rasmussen here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad