5 PM - CZE vs SWE (Holmström, Ehn)
8 PM - CAN vs GER (Hicketts)
0 replies 3 retweets 2 favorites
Reply Retweet3 Favorite2
More

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sebastian Aho slated to be top pairing D for Sweden I'm pretty sure.

Could we sign him like we did with Hicketts? Or is it too late and he's already unclaimable and going into next year's draft?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Sebastian Aho slated to be top pairing D for Sweden I'm pretty sure.

Could we sign him like we did with Hicketts? Or is it too late and he's already unclaimable and going into next year's draft?
The way Hicketts was signed, you can only sign players from North America. Edmonton tried to sign Tkachev but couldn't because he had spent part of last season in Russia. So Aho will be available in the next draft.

---

Vähätalo will be centering Finland's 4th line vs USA:

Corey Pronman @coreypronman
FIN Lines vs. US:
Lehkonen-Mustonen-Kapanen
Rantanen-Hintz-Ikonen
Aho-Kalapudas-Puljujärvi
Ojamäki-Vähätalo-Rauhala

PS. Hintz is an interesting guy for next summer's draft. Going to keep an eye on him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The way Hicketts was signed, you can only sign players from North America. Edmonton tried to sign Tkachev but couldn't because he had spent part of last season in Russia. So Aho will be available in the next draft.

---

Vähätalo will be centering Finland's 4th line vs USA:

Corey Pronman @coreypronman
FIN Lines vs. US:
Lehkonen-Mustonen-Kapanen
Rantanen-Hintz-Ikonen
Aho-Kalapudas-Puljujärvi
Ojamäki-Vähätalo-Rauhala

PS. Hintz is an interesting guy for next summer's draft. Going to keep an eye on him.

Thanks, good to know Chad!

Side note- Have you seen a lot of Puljujarvi?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Thanks, good to know Chad!

Side note- Have you seen a lot of Puljujarvi?
Not much but he's really good for his age, a young Kovalchuk some say... Right now probably a top-3 pick for 2016, but the WJC tends to be a tough tournament for underage guys. He's definitely another guy to keep an eye on for FIN.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I wanna see how Hicketts does, I'm pretty excited we signed him. Larkin as well, I'm hoping he can produce offensively. I think we have a good player in him, but I just don't see top 6 scoring potential.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Larkin looked good in First period vs Fin. Top PK, but no PP mins. Good on the forecheck, made some nice passes, plays with lots of speed.

Eichel and Matthews are crazy good.

Haven't seen vahatalo at all

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Larkin had some good shifts in the 1st, great skating and good on the PK.

Looked like Vähätalo was the extra forward after all. He's in the lineup though so might see him at some point.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Jumping on the bandwagon, liked what I saw from Larkin a lot. Speedy, good defensively, still under-appreciated. Wish he was getting a top 6 role

I totally want to trade Pulkkinen and a pick for Hudson Fasching, btw.

Why? I think I'd still keep Pulkks despite the chemistry Larkin and Fasching might have

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Jumping on the bandwagon, liked what I saw from Larkin a lot. Speedy, good defensively, still under-appreciated. Wish he was getting a top 6 role

Why? I think I'd still keep Pulkks despite the chemistry Larkin and Fasching might have
I figure we have enough small scorers. In Fasching, we get another RH shot, but also a bigger guy who's going to be able to play tough shutdown hockey at the NHL level. He's the sort of player we don't have, really.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Think larkins role will increase as the tourney goes, center depth is working against him. Hoping vahatalo gets some time beyond 13th F

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
I figure we have enough small scorers. In Fasching, we get another RH shot, but also a bigger guy who's going to be able to play tough shutdown hockey at the NHL level. He's the sort of player we don't have, really.

Sure, makes sense. Mgmt seems to love to play the big bodies anyways :laugh:

Pretty sure LA would be throwing in a pick or extra, not us.

Pretty sure he was traded to Buffalo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad