_prototype_01_zps826b77a0.gif
_prototype_02_zps464cf5ae.gif

Embellish for the Cup:
prototype_01.gif

It's Not Complicated:
_prototype_01_zpsc271bf39.gif

Red Wings CLINCH!

So, it's that time a year again!

Suggestions and discussions for 2014 Playoffs Red Wings Avatar is posted here :)

Opening with some options:

Welcome from Griffinsdor (Arrival from Griffinsdor)
- Spoof of Harry Potter and the housing selection? Could have pictures with the hat on and some slogans?

The Expendables
- Spoof of the injuries, and maybe combined with the one above? And, maybe a joke for those players we actually don't need.

The Goose is Loose
Use Those couple of Nyquist gifs. And make it so that he chasing after teammates/opponents or the other one where he dances with teammates or showing of against opponents? And use different slogans like "The Goose is Loose...better pass!" "The Goose is Loose....it's safer to get Kronwall'd".

Youth production center in progress
- I don't know...how did I come up with this one...

Found fountain of Youth
- Something around this?

The Holy Grail Delivery Service
- Something around the drafting system and coaching ability to finally make the team younger. With slogans on players like "Tatar Sauce Energy...DELIVERED". "The KID Line...DELIVERED" and so on.

Playoffs. Because it's Tradition
- Simple, good, awesome.

Still OLD, found GOLD
- Something about the old guys and the new young guns.

And...YOUR TURN!

For previous years:

2013:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1396081&highlight=playoffs+avatar

2012:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1139117&highlight=playoffs+avatar

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1120887&highlight=playoffs+avatar

2011:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=898512&highlight=playoffs+avatar

Last edited by a moderator:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I won't haha.

We going to brainstorm like usual? If so, I think we need some time to bounce some ideas around.

Yeah. If you guys want to start, I'm thinking of something related to us joining the Eastern Conference. Current idea is "The Eastern Conquest" with a "Soviet Propaganda" type of look.

menace300_zps6b7868ec.png

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah. If you guys want to start, I'm thinking of something related to us joining the Eastern Conference. Current idea is "The Eastern Conquest" with a "Soviet Propaganda" type of look.

Well.... Those look pretty sick haha

My work here is done

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I really like the Eastern conquest theme maybe throw in a hammer and sickle in there just to drive the point home.

Also I've had this idea kicking around in my head for the last little while and IMO fits this team and this season in particular quite well.
"The Walking Dead Wings" just playing on the fact that the Wings still (might) make it in (knock on wood) despite being dead without Z and D.

Obviously since I am nowhere near talented enough to make these I'll be grateful and appreciative of anything you guys put the time and effort into making.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really like the Eastern conquest theme maybe throw in a hammer and sickle in there just to drive the point home.

Also I've had this idea kicking around in my head for the last little while and IMO fits this team and this season in particular quite well.
"The Walking Dead Wings" just playing on the fact that the Wings still (might) make it in (knock on wood) despite being dead without Z and D.

Obviously since I am nowhere near talented enough to make these I'll be grateful and appreciative of anything you guys put the time and effort into making.

Can't think of any "headlines" to go with it...

But I would like any theme that either includes:

1) how hurt the wings have been all year

2) how things were the last time the wings weren't in the playoffs

I think both could garner some really funny ideas.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Very rough outline of my idea, but here it is.

It's a play on AT&T's commercials and slogan "It's not complicated."

QaOdJ6m.png

0VDCepw.jpg

I haven't made a 2014 playoffs slide yet. I figured I could try when I get my hands on After Effects and Photoshop again instead of paint and free Gimp :laugh:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I think the kids would be an ideal theme, we would't be making the playoffs without them.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I also like the Eastern Conquest theme.

The only other Idea I have is an Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia theme, based on "There's Always Playoffs in Detroit"

Slogans could be made up episode titles.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

I call Glendeningakov.

And I love the avatar idea.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Didn't even think about using a Russian twist to people's names.

This was my original idea:
goose1_zpsef0f8ee8.png

And the comparison:
goose2_zps29cb40e2.png

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
NOBODY LIKES YOU WHEN YOUR 23! BTW I turn 23 in three days. My life is tied to the Wings playoff streak. Happy that neither are ending! (Watch me never post again)

Doc, those are awesome, and I love your idea as usual.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
how things were the last time the wings weren't in the playoffs

I think this idea has some legs as well.

The last time the Wings weren't in the playoffs

• The Simpsons didn't exist
    Joe Montana was the superbowl MVP
    The Stars played in Minnesota
    Wayne Gretzky led the Oilers to a Stanley Cup

You get the idea.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

I prefer Eastern Promises.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think this idea has some legs as well.

The last time the Wings weren't in the playoffs

• The Simpsons didn't exist
    Joe Montana was the superbowl MVP
    The Stars played in Minnesota
    Wayne Gretzky led the Oilers to a Stanley Cup

You get the idea.

Yeah, I think you could get a lot of good/funny ideas out of that concept.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
NOBODY LIKES YOU WHEN YOUR 23! BTW I turn 23 in three days. My life is tied to the Wings playoff streak. Happy that neither are ending! (Watch me never post again)

Doc, those are awesome, and I love your idea as usual.

I like this concept for 2 reasons:

1) I loved blink 182

2) I feel like the saying matches, because I feel like fans of other teams were hoping we won't get in, and are a little bitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad