Proposal: Detroit - Montreal

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How about Green/Nyquist/Mrazek for Lindgren/Davidson/Galchenyuk/Conditional Draft Pick, based on how far in the playoffs you get, starting with a 2018 2nd with a shot at a 1st?
People don't seem to understand that the Habs do not need Mrazek at all. Your trade is as bad or worse than the OP when you consider the Habs would be giving up the guy that will play with Price in nets next season and Nyquist is again a lateral move at best with Glachenyuk. Makes no sense for the Habs.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
No Mantha, Larkin or Hronek included in the package when you're trying to get Galchenyuk, Juulsen and a 1st.. good luck!!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well sorry neither Larkin nor Mantha are going anywhere, And no way would i deal either for Galchenyuk+Juulsen+1st round pick not happening.
If you think that the package of two still very young first round picks and another 1st rounder is not enough to get either of those players you are sorely mistaken.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How about Green/Nyquist/Mrazek for Lindgren/Davidson/Galchenyuk/Conditional Draft Pick, based on how far in the playoffs you get, starting with a 2018 2nd with a shot at a 1st?

Neither of these teams are making the playoffs, lol.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
That proposal is awful for Montreal. If Galchenyuk is being moved, its for good futures, in a package for a C upgrade or a similarly aged and valued PMD LHD. Montreal doesn't need wingers, Mrazek has negative value for Montreal and Montreal doesn't need a waiver fodder D-man, they're trying to move one.

If that 1st is this years, I do it in a heartbeat.

... And Montreal hangs up before that heartbeat.

If there is no 1st, Montreal still hangs up in a heartbeat.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
As the op I’ll jump back in to take my licks.

My original thought was Nyquist for Galchenyuk. Forget the other stuff. I guess I was way off with the adds.

So simply what needs to be added to Nyq to get Galchenyuk ??

And yes, interesting time to bump a dead thread.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
As the op I’ll jump back in to take my licks.

My original thought was Nyquist for Galchenyuk. Forget the other stuff. I guess I was way off with the adds.

So simply what needs to be added to Nyq to get Galchenyuk ??

And yes, interesting time to bump a dead thread.

Montreal doesn't need wingers. Even if they're trading Galchenyuk. The Galchenyuk for Nyqvist+ is a flawed premise.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Ya ok no...and people say Habs fans overvalue their players.

Mantha and Larkin both look to be better than Galchenyuk by a good margin. You're not getting a 21 or 23 year old from a rebuilding team with a protected pick added in.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Mantha and Larkin both look to be better than Galchenyuk by a good margin. You're not getting a 21 or 23 year old from a rebuilding team with a protected pick added in.

Mantha is only a year younger than Galchenyuk and has shown far less in his career. Talk to me after the season and I'll re-evaluate.

Coming Home

Tic-tic-tic
May 26, 2016
TN, USA
If you think that the package of two still very young first round picks and another 1st rounder is not enough to get either of those players you are sorely mistaken.
Let's sweeten this for both sides:
How about Paccioretty +Galchenyuk for Mantha +Athanasiou? To even up the cap differential, MTL could take on one of the DET goalies and send back Niemi.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Let's sweeten this for both sides:
How about Paccioretty +Galchenyuk for Mantha +Athanasiou? To even up the cap differential, MTL could take on one of the DET goalies and send back Niemi.

Why does a rebuilding Detroit trade two 23 year-olds for a 29 year old...

Coming Home

Tic-tic-tic
May 26, 2016
TN, USA
So Detroit is rebuilding? I thought they hadn't given up hope of making the playoffs this year. BTW, they are getting a 29 year-old with multiple 35 goal seasons and a 23 year-old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad