Eklund Rumor: Detroit interested in Ristolainen for Mantha

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Just close this nonsense thread

Both fanbases are against
The source is a quack

Just lock it up
I’ll speak for all Sabres fans when I say I’d do it in a heartbeat. ;) But, yeah, I’m for this thread getting nuked along with the other Risto threads until something more substantial is leaked.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It's not like they can be much worse lmao

Actually, as hard as it is to believe. when Risto has been out they’ve been even more horrible.

I think on the right team playing PP and 2nd team D minutes, he’s a point producer with some D liability. He’s got snarl and a bit of bite too. You have to buy into that to trade for him so let’s see him stay in Buffalo and actually commit to a different strategy with him. Every coach promises too and falls into trap of playing him more against top players. Why is that? Every coach we’ve had thinks Risto is best we got, that’s why. Maybe that’s not true this year. Let’s hope so.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
trade for Risto IF he brings TheAnchor Bar wings recipes to Motown:) :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

An Anchor bar opened up in Rochester (MI) almost a year ago. Funny cause there’s already an Anchor Bar in Detroit that has been around since the 50s and although this one isn’t affiliated the original in Buffalo, it has its own wings that are ridiculously on point. At least it did last time I was there a few years ago.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
This has been rehashed so many times I'm not wasting my time on it again. The Sabres are bad. And bad defensively. Risto has certainly been part of the problem but not as much his stats would lead you to believe. If he gets a fresh in a better situation I think he will make a lot of opinions on this board look silly. Especially the over the top "I wouldn't take him for free" nonsense that needs to be posted every other page on every Risto thread.

Maybe try a fresh take

Then WHY do people think DETROIT would want him IF HES A GUY WHO NEEDS A BETTER SITUATION???

Sorry for the caps but this whole thread is driving me nuts.

Most People: Risto is better than he looks! He just needs to be on a better team or have better line mates or have a smaller role!

Also Most People: Risto would be great for Detroit cause their team sucks and their defenseman suck and he’d play a big role!

It’s just bananas. If Detroit makes this deal, then Risto is playing on the top unit with Danny f***ing Dekeyser to “hold his hand” when Dekeyser can’t even keep his own head above water in a big role.

Worse team, worse linemates, still a big role.

The only excuse for this thread being 10 pages long is if it had already devolved into a buffalo wing sauce recipe swap by page 3.

Reactions: NotLeddy

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm comfortable that Mantha is more in line with Aho value than either of the other two. He's not a line driver like most of these guys, so meh. If Mantha goes 40/80 next year, pay the man his money. Otherwise, value's set nicely with Larkin + bump for cap edge.

Lol, Mantha isn’t even on the same planet as Aho. And you think this Mantha another year older deserves Larkin + a cap bump?

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Aho will be one of the best C's in a few years... so no.

Um, sure - don't care. Was talking about $$ for next contract, and no one seems to dispute Aho is on a decent deal. Especially if he's "one of the best C's in a few years" like you say (not as good as Larkin, and could name 10 or more better C's now, but he's good). So if Mantha can put up numbers like i mentioned as a winger, any team would be happy to get him in an Aho like deal.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Lol, Mantha isn’t even on the same planet as Aho. And you think this Mantha another year older deserves Larkin + a cap bump?

Not sure what you're saying ... a 40/80 Mantha doesn't deserve more $$ than Larkin (who's going to out pace his deal on value this year by far)? That's like saying Aho must be worth more than Mackinnon because he just signed a bigger contract. Let me know if that's how you feel.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
The only excuse for this thread being 10 pages long is if it had already devolved into a buffalo wing sauce recipe swap by page 3.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Franks red hot
1/4 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
Optional - Adobo or garlic powder

toss in light sauce, then add light dusting of parsley for color

The wings dont get soggy but pack a punch

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Franks red hot
1/4 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
Optional - Adobo or garlic powder

toss in light sauce, then add light dusting of parsley for color

The wings dont get soggy but pack a punch
FINALLY! Somebody give this poster a prize.
Imma try this one out for the Bills home opener.
P.S.: Would it be blasphemy to swap the Frank's for Tabasco? Easier to come by in my neck of the woods.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
P.S.: Would it be blasphemy to swap the Frank's for Tabasco? Easier to come by in my neck of the woods.

Yes it is heresy and I would not recommend it but you do you. I'd reduce the amount of Tabasco. Also if you can get real Hungarian hot paprika if gives it a nice kick and thickens the sauce just a bit.

Reactions: umbertovanek

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Do you not remember the stretch Risto missed last season? Montour looked like a fish trying to ride a bicycle out there.
I don't. And neither do you. But the numbers were fine (the team collectively had like 85 PDO, not much any player csm do about that)

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
I am a rangers fan so my input is prob not the best but

Mantha showed some great work and flashes of greatness this season playing with larkin and just has that knack the wings need it seems like Mantha holds more value alone and to the wings that what risto would bring to the wings.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Then WHY do people think DETROIT would want him IF HES A GUY WHO NEEDS A BETTER SITUATION???

Sorry for the caps but this whole thread is driving me nuts.

Most People: Risto is better than he looks! He just needs to be on a better team or have better line mates or have a smaller role!

Also Most People: Risto would be great for Detroit cause their team sucks and their defenseman suck and he’d play a big role!

It’s just bananas. If Detroit makes this deal, then Risto is playing on the top unit with Danny ****ing Dekeyser to “hold his hand” when Dekeyser can’t even keep his own head above water in a big role.

Worse team, worse linemates, still a big role.

Well congratulations you argued a point I never made. I never was trying to convince anyone Detroit should want Risto. Detroit's D is worse than the Sabres. Ristolainen needs the right partner. Pilut and Ristolainen worked quite well together last year as an example. I'm not sure Detroit has a similar partner for him.

On to the point I was actually making...LarKing said he probably wouldn't take Ristolainen for free, which I said was a laughable take. Which is something I will continue to stand behind because every single GM in the NHL would gladly take Ristolainen for free.

Feel free to argue my actual point.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Not sure what you're saying ... a 40/80 Mantha doesn't deserve more $$ than Larkin (who's going to out pace his deal on value this year by far)? That's like saying Aho must be worth more than Mackinnon because he just signed a bigger contract. Let me know if that's how you feel.

At the moment Mantha hasn't come close to 40/80, so not sure why we're even having this conversation.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Absolutely it would! Franks is what makes it great.

Franks and butter is pretty much the base buffalo hot/medium/mild sauce recipe (and a damn good wing sauce mix all on their own). It’s the secret to why it tastes so damn good. It HAS TO be Franks otherwise it’s not the buffalo wing sauce recipe.

If you’ve never had it, I’d highly recommend ordering a bottle from any # of sites (like amazon, Walmart.com, etc). Get a jug of it and it’ll last a good long while.

Make your wings crispy, too. And use blue cheese for a dipping sauce (if you use a dipping sauce. Unlike many Buffalonians I prefer not to).

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Well congratulations you argued a point I never made. I never was trying to convince anyone Detroit should want Risto. Detroit's D is worse than the Sabres. Ristolainen needs the right partner. Pilut and Ristolainen worked quite well together last year as an example. I'm not sure Detroit has a similar partner for him.

On to the point I was actually making...LarKing said he probably wouldn't take Ristolainen for free, which I said was a laughable take. Which is something I will continue to stand behind because every single GM in the NHL would gladly take Ristolainen for free.

Feel free to argue my actual point.

I said that I wasn’t sure if I’d want him for free. Don’t twist my words. I guarantee every GM wouldn’t take Risto for free because some literally can’t with how close they already are to being over the cap. I don’t think he has much positive value, if any.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I said that I wasn’t sure if I’d want him for free. Don’t twist my words. I guarantee every GM wouldn’t take Risto for free because some literally can’t with how close they already are to being over the cap. I don’t think he has much positive value, if any.

You got me. What can I say?

I'm sorry I tried to misrepresent your "not sure" with "probably wouldn't"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad