GDT: DETCAR

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Missed another one, but watching the high lights it looks like Aho is heating up.

The Dzingle feed and Necas finish was so nice. More of that please.
Rewatching that play, that was quite a shot by Necas. Dzingel made a great pass but it kind of handcuffed Necas and he adjusted at full speed and still one timed it. Kid’s got skill.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If our chicken **** organization wins we the fans can stick around and watch the players dance like ****in marionettes making asses of themselves

I got that on the Devils board tonite

Too funny. Devils fans are just horrible. This coming from a Ranger fan (yes, I admit it, but the Canes a 1B) who would rather listen to Isles or Flyers fans. At least they know the game.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I get why the surge would be obnoxious to some other fanbases, but...I can't bring myself to quite care lol.

It is showy and loud and quirky but it's really a unique treat and I feel really lucky to be apart of a franchise to does this for the fans. Plus we only do it when we win at home and not in the playoffs.

It kind of reminds me of that whole "let the kids play" and "we play loud" thing the MLB was encouraging this season. It's fun and youthful and I have no problem with "playing loud" as long as you're able to take it when it someone else dishes it. :: shrug ::

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Rewatching that play, that was quite a shot by Necas. Dzingel made a great pass but it kind of handcuffed Necas and he adjusted at full speed and still one timed it. Kid’s got skill.
It was a great shot for sure. And luckily the moves and pass Dzingel made left a lot of net open, cause Necas wasn't able to place it perfectly being handcuffed like that. Great all around.

Necas has looked really good this year. I'm hopeful he will keep improving as the year goes along. He's had his moments on defense but he seems willing in that regard, just needs time to grow. I think we've got a good one.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I get why the surge would be obnoxious to some other fanbases,

I don't. Seriously, I legitimately don't understand why it bothers them. Who cares what some other team does? Worry about your own team. I don't have two cares to rub together when it comes to other teams' traditions and whatnot. Why should I? But I think that's an attitude you come into when you get older and realize you don't have time or energy to worry about bull**** that doesn't affect you.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I don't. Seriously, I legitimately don't understand why it bothers them. Who cares what some other team does? Worry about your own team. I don't have two cares to rub together when it comes to other teams' traditions and whatnot. Why should I? But I think that's an attitude you come into when you get older and realize you don't have time or energy to worry about bull**** that doesn't affect you.
Right on...change the freaking channel. The attention and positive response that we have received from it really seems to irk folks.

If it is visiting fans who are attending the game in our arena complaining, I have noticed most of them hit the exits in droves several minutes before the horn sounds anyway. They know what's coming. For me, it's kind of a nice payback for having to endure their chirps and filthy commentary for 3 periods.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
The rangers do the stick salute thing. The habs have the whole light show thing with the torch that they do. I'm sure there are other teams that have traditions that people are welcome to dislike but the thing about tradition is it becomes that way because its successful. I'm sure there were people that didnt like the lambeau leap either (probably still are) but I'm just as sure there are more people who love it, fantasize about doing it, etc. What people are really mad at (I think) is that the canes are being successful, and theyll attack the manner in which they are doing it instead of saying what they really feel

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

Oh, you're preaching to the choir lol. I'm just saying I can understand why it gets so much hate...especially considering how petty sports fan can be (and I include myself as a petty sports fan! I literally cleaned my bathroom with a Capitals Home playoff rag last year lol).

Reactions: cptjeff and vorbis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad