Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Red Wings sign Lucas Raymond to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit's twitter shit on my party... It doesn't begin until next year. His surgery was supposed to have him out for eight weeks, and that was eight weeks ago.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
why wouldnt they plug him into GR if hes healthy? Contract would slide anyways

He's coming off an injury; hasnt played a game in 2 months (although he was day to day as of last week). Probably isnt a terrible idea not to toss him into a new league under those circumstances

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
He's coming off an injury; hasnt played a game in 2 months (although he was day to day as of last week). Probably isnt a terrible idea not to toss him into a new league under those circumstances
Don't have to throw him into the fire, but at least practicing with the team would be better than the status quo, no?

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
why wouldnt they plug him into GR if hes healthy? Contract would slide anyways

Because they do not want to take chances with recovery? What's the rush anyway to throw a kid coming off a serious injury into an unfamiliar league? Let him get back to 100% for next season and come in healthy and with confidence.

Reactions: varano

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I really really like Raymond. His hands and motor or something else. The shots and chances he generates...its like he is creating something every single shift (my viewings have been of his WJC mainly though)

Detroit has been blessed with some great players. Is a Datsyuk comparison fitting?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am excited to see him some day soon. With that said, I would loan him back to Frolunda for one more season. We aren't trying to be competitive next year, let him have a more dominant campaign in the SHL, let him get two full off-seasons to work on his body before he gets there. He still has some work to do, his ceiling is tremendous, we need to do what is best for him long-term and I am not sure that is forcing him onto a team next year. You could put him in the AHL I guess, if Frolunda doesn't give you the kind of development opportunities you're hoping for, I doubt they choose that route with their relationships in Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad