Proposal: Det-ott

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit isn't going to be a contenting team anytime soon anyway. Larkin will be closeish to starting his decline when it actually happens.

Larkin is 24 and Detroit likely has the highest ranked prospect pool after this year's draft. :laugh:

Logical argument to present to Yzerman, who didn't win his first Cup until he was 32.

Reactions: Oddbob

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Detroit's thin at RHD and wing? News to me.

Detroit drafting Beniers with Larkin would potentially solve their center issue. Detroit drafting Beniers without Larkin just leaves them in the same spot they're in now, except they have to hope Beniers is as good or better than Larkin. AND they have to hope that he doesn't convert to wing at the pro level.
you're not going to be contending anytime soon anyway so why does it matter if it puts you in the same spot you guys are at right now? You're realistically going to be picking top 5-10 next few years anyway, why not have a rebuild where every player will be following the same timeline.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
you're not going to be contending anytime soon anyway so why does it matter if it puts you in the same spot you guys are at right now? You're realistically going to be picking top 5-10 next few years anyway, why not have a rebuild where every player will be following the same timeline.

Because I'm not stupid enough to think that 24 is old lol.

Reactions: Reddwit

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Larkin is 24 and Detroit likely has the highest ranked prospect pool after this year's draft. :laugh:

Logical argument to present to Yzerman, who didn't win his first Cup until he was 32.
Fair point all I was saying is it would make more sense to have all of your core players within the same age range ideally.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
You need to give value to get value back and fans tend to overestimate how good their players are and Larkin gets no love since he's on a terrible team. I'm not saying this is what the Sens would offer but something close to good value for Larkin would be something along the lines of Sanderson, White, and a 2nd '21 IMO.

That would be a workable price. I would be targeting something other than Sanderson, but that's just because I've never really cared for Sanderson. But that certainly is offering value for the guy. This would definitely be a package worth talking about. Still probably rather keep Larkin but that's personal preference.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
That would be a workable price. I would be targeting something other than Sanderson, but that's just because I've never really cared for Sanderson. But that certainly is offering value for the guy. This would definitely be a package worth talking about. Still probably rather keep Larkin but that's personal preference.
No for sure in reality Larkin probably won't be moved for anything since he's a solid foundational 1c. I was just trying to gauge what would be fair value for a guy like Larkin even if Sanderson was a team need for Detroit or not. It's a constant trend in trade proposals where people offer quantity for quality and they don't offer quality for that other quality they seek because they're scared for some reason to offer up their quality assets in a hypothetical trade board. That or they overestimate how good their quantity that they're giving up really is.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Take far more then L Brown+C White+Ottawa's 2021 1st round pick in a not so great draft to get D Larkin our Captain out of Detroit, You're not even close noway you're getting D Larkin without T Stutzle at least being involved possibly J Sanderson as well.
You're smoking the good stuff if you think Larkin is worth the 3rd overall + 5th overall picks in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. I wouldn't trade Stutzle or Sanderson straight up for Larkin, wouldn't ever consider it.

This thread wasn't a great idea. No reason for Detroit to trade Larkin for anything short of an overpayment.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Counter- To Detroit: D Thomas Chabot To Ottawa: C/LW Robby Fabbri, C Michael Rasmussen and 2021 1st rd pick.

This is basically the same level of proposal as the OP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad