Trade: [DET/GSW/ATL/POR] James Wiseman to DET, Gary Payton, 5 2nd round picks to GSW, Saddiq Bey to ATL, Kevin Knox, 5 2nds to POR

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They are in a weird position where they are trying to compete and don't have a lot of time to develop players. They probably should have moved him earlier for someone that could help in the now, especially based off their usage of him (and many of the younger guys).
just saw this. i think now i know why

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s a lot of second round picks unnecessarily moving around

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Obvious bias, but this looks awesome for the Hawks. Almost last in the league in 3's and picked up a 23-year-old Bey? Not bad.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Looks like the deal is now official.

from espn.com:

The Golden State Warriors completed a four-team trade that allows guard Gary Payton II to pass his physical and three more players --- James Wiseman (Detroit), Saddiq Bey (Atlanta) and Kevin Knox (Portland) -- cleared beginning Monday, sources told ESPN on Sunday night.

The Warriors -- who held up the trade after team doctors raised concerns about Payton's injured abdomen -- will await an NBA inquiry into the Portland Trail Blazers' alleged failure to provide relevant pre-agreement medical information, sources said.

Findings of wrongdoing could cost the Blazers draft picks and fines and could result in re-examining the package of five second-round picks that the Warriors traded the Blazers to acquire Payton, sources said.

The Warriors had been discussing the issue with the league office throughout the weekend, and with a 9:30 p.m. ET deadline looming Sunday night, the trade sending Wiseman to Detroit, Bey to Atlanta and Knox to Portland was completed, sources said.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I hope the Warriors can retool and and make at least one final run with Steph, this trade probably helps them do that can make a run at a big player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad