Destiny 2 - Lightfall 2/28

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Love how they've been building up the story for this raid over the past few seasons.

Looking like it's gonna be centered around Nezarac

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The campaign storyline is a disaster. You have to back to launch Destiny 1 for a narrative that does a worse job of establishing stakes or giving the player a reason to care. The supplementary story content is good, so I have hope the Raid will pay off some long-standing lore.

Neomura is a fun setting. Strand is fun but feels under-powered. I used Solar or Void as much as possible in the Legendary campaign.

The new build/mod/ui is fantastic.

The changes to nightfalls and nightfall modifiers are excellent.

Bungie has once again flipped off the PVP community. Basically no new content at all. Ill play Comp and Trials for the god-rolls of Rose (still evading me) and the new Trials weapons, but Im not sure why any casual player would ever venture in there. I’ve heard the same from Gambit fans, but I dont really play that mode.

Seasom of Defiance as some good story/lore.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Bungie surprised dropped a new exotic quest today for a Void Glaive that is absolutely nuts. Blocking gives an over shield that recharges with melee kills.

The campaign for Lightfall was god awful but I am loving the season plus all the post campaign content on Neomuna. Haven't used Strand a ton yet but I'll get paired up with people who absolutely destroy with it so I'm sure I'll start to warm up to a build soon

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Bungie surprised dropped a new exotic quest today for a Void Glaive that is absolutely nuts. Blocking gives an over shield that recharges with melee kills.

The campaign for Lightfall was god awful but I am loving the season plus all the post campaign content on Neomuna. Haven't used Strand a ton yet but I'll get paired up with people who absolutely destroy with it so I'm sure I'll start to warm up to a build soon
Lightfall is Bungies version of The Mandalorian in how it's telling a story. This was Chapter 1.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
it's pretty bad compared to Witch Queen....which incidentally is clearly the expansion in which Strand belonged (I'm assuming it simply wasn't ready a year ago) visually, thematically, and in terms of story. It feeled shoehorned into the completely different vibe and theme of Neomuna.

My issue is...1 strike? 1? in an expansion you charge full game price for?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
it's pretty bad compared to Witch Queen....which incidentally is clearly the expansion in which Strand belonged (I'm assuming it simply wasn't ready a year ago) visually, thematically, and in terms of story. It feeled shoehorned into the completely different vibe and theme of Neomuna.

My issue is...1 strike? 1? in an expansion you charge full game price for?
Keep playing. There's so much more to the story after Lightfall and the new Raid opens up tomorrow.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The new Prophecy Dungeon weapons are so broken in PVP. Obviously, they toned down the inherent trait compared to PVE, but combined with some of the perk combos, these weapons are just out of control.

I spent most of last night farming and got The Sudden Death Shotgun with Threat Detector, Opening Shot and Range masterwork. Combined with the Inherent perk that adds damage to the bottom of the magazine, I can map pretty much anybody.

I also got an SMG from the same encounter that has Dyamic Sway Reduction and Onslaught. Combined, again, with the inherent trait that gives increased range at the top of the magazine and increased damage at the bottom... this thing shreds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad