Speculation: Desharnais to NJ or CAR

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
This is a work of fiction, but why would NJ take Desharnais? Zajac, Henrique and Zacha. Given that the guy running the site is 14 years old, they probably don't know who Zacha is so I understand.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This is a work of fiction, but why would NJ take Desharnais? Zajac, Henrique and Zacha. Given that the guy running the site is 14 years old, they probably don't know who Zacha is so I understand.

Is Zacha going to be C or LW for you guys? Caught his last game of the season and he looked nice on the wing, feel like a big guy like him could be PITA on the wall.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As much as this could be a good thing it may not. Just about every Habs fan would like to get rid of him but this may not be the correct timing.

First off the Habs do not have the center depth to replace Desharnais. Since trading Eller, if the move Desharnais their center depth would be Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Mitchell, Danault. They do not have that internal replacement.

Their are also no UFA's left to possibly play as a third line center. The only way that a deal makes sense is if the Habs have another trade in place. Plus Desharnais is in his last year of his contract before being a UFA. I would rather play him as the third line center as opposed to just dumping him.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
As much as this could be a good thing it may not. Just about every Habs fan would like to get rid of him but this may not be the correct timing.

First off the Habs do not have the center depth to replace Desharnais. Since trading Eller, if the move Desharnais their center depth would be Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Mitchell, Danault. They do not have that internal replacement.

Their are also no UFA's left to possibly play as a third line center. The only way that a deal makes sense is if the Habs have another trade in place. Plus Desharnais is in his last year of his contract before being a UFA. I would rather play him as the third line center as opposed to just dumping him.

McCarron and Hudon would do a better job than DD at 3rd line C. De La Rose and Flynn can also play as 4th line C if needed.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Carolina could take him on, but I can't see doing it unless he costs them practically nothing to acquire. For instance a straight across trade for somebody like Joakim Nordstrom, or a swap of second rounders.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If David Desharnais gets traded, Montreal will only have 4 Players that were born in the province of Québec on their roster. Those players are, Torrey Mitchell, Phillip Danault, Mark Barberio and maybe Charles Hudon. If Hudon makes Montreal's roster.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Is Zacha going to be C or LW for you guys? Caught his last game of the season and he looked nice on the wing, feel like a big guy like him could be PITA on the wall.

Sounds like the short-term plan is LW but who knows about long-term plan. That was both his last and first game btw ;)

Regardless, not sure DD makes any sense for us. We have Henrique and Zajac.. and if Zacha isn't going to be the 3C, it'll like be another prospect in Quenneville, etc. Our roster is a little up in the air right now because we don't really know who will be switching over to RW (or if we will be rolling with the true RWs we have). Right now, Hall + Cammalleri + Boucher take up the top 9 LW spots so it might just be Zacha at 3C because of that.

Unless we are getting something fairly decent in return, DD to NJ isn't a move Shero makes IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad