Sportsnet: Dermott hit from behind suspendable?.?

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
I sent an email to Dermott's agency (Orr), I'm asking if there is anything they can/will do if one of their players has been injured or is being targeted and the dops and/or officiating is being negligent in looking after player safety. I still think they should have filed a lawsuit last season.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I sent an email to Dermott's agency (Orr), I'm asking if there is anything they can/will do if one of their players has been injured or is being targeted and the dops and/or officiating is being negligent in looking after player safety. I still think they should have filed a lawsuit last season.

haha thats awesome. Put up the email for everyone to send one off and let them know others are on to it and sick of it :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/tortor...discipline-during-sunday-s-angry-rant~1864568

Torts likely got fined hard and a gag order and told to apologize publicly. He wouldn’t even be specific or say the words refs or league etc . I think obviously it needs public attention. Torts can’t say that but he believes it is a issue of the incompetence for sure. Otherwise he wouldn’t have blew up ha. Way to go torts. He needs a go fund me page to pay his damn fine i think lol

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
haha thats awesome. Put up the email for everyone to send one off and let them know others are on to it and sick of it :)
His agency's email address is [email protected], I'll post if I get a response.
I'm genuinely curious, his agency is his closest personal rep., who knows the agenda of the player's association (salary over safety, likely). They ought to be causing *** at every level right now, or maybe they just sit back and collect their paychecks.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
His agency's email address is [email protected], I'll post if I get a response.
I'm genuinely curious, his agency is his closest personal rep., who knows the agenda of the player's association (salary over safety, likely). They ought to be causing *** at every level right now, or maybe they just sit back and collect their paychecks.
Nice thanks!!! Happy new year also :)))

Reactions: likecheese

Resistance

Nov 10, 2019
I think it’s time a player ‘accidentally’ send a slap shot to a refs face. A message needs to be sent.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I almost want to apologize for bumping this thread so much. It is starting to tell a story of how stinking terrible reffing is. Another thing, does anyone else notice all the interference being allowed to trickle back in to the game. Defensive zone picks to protect defensemen I’m good with, offensive zone? They are a little much some games. League’s way of slowing down our potent offense ;)

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I almost want to apologize for bumping this thread so much. It is starting to tell a story of how stinking terrible reffing is. Another thing, does anyone else notice all the interference being allowed to trickle back in to the game. Defensive zone picks to protect defensemen I’m good with, offensive zone? They are a little much some games. League’s way of slowing down our potent offense ;)
Unfortunately it will get worse closer to playoffs too. The refs should call penalties and not be game managers. But in a CAP parity world this is what the NHL wants. All teams in hunt to keep up attendance and TV ratings. I truly wonder if they would ever help our Leafs if we went into a tailspin. But I doubt it. Because we support our team no matter what. Well guess what Nashville and Dallas don't. If they are out then it becomes ghost town.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Dermott getting run and Sandin getting run with referees watching 15 away tops with no calls this year is one thing. Whats more concerning is they know we don’t have scrappers on the roster. None being the kind we want that can play too anyways.

Dubas could go a long way to correcting this himself if he is smart. There are players out there that don’t take that crap and can play too. Maybe he should try getting one at defense and one at forward somehow if the right circumstances arose. I know I wouldn’t mind about now.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Unfortunately it will get worse closer to playoffs too. The refs should call penalties and not be game managers. But in a CAP parity world this is what the NHL wants. All teams in hunt to keep up attendance and TV ratings. I truly wonder if they would ever help our Leafs if we went into a tailspin. But I doubt it. Because we support our team no matter what. Well guess what Nashville and Dallas don't. If they are out then it becomes ghost town.

No like button or i would snap alike on this post:)

They are managing games too, i agree. Dubas can get even more respect of the players by getting some protection in the lineup. I mean our fourth line is good but nobody is attached by thehip to them! We can add a tough player there minimum. I prefer a tough player higher in the lineup but minimum we need that on fourth line pre playoff. You are right it will get worse down this stretch.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Dermott getting run and Sandin getting run with referees watching 15 away tops with no calls this year is one thing. Whats more concerning is they know we don’t have scrappers on the roster. None being the kind we want that can play too anyways.

Dubas could go a long way to correcting this himself if he is smart. There are players out there that don’t take that crap and can play too. Maybe he should try getting one at defense and one at forward somehow if the right circumstances arose. I know I wouldn’t mind about now.

I particularly enjoyed the glove to the face by Radulov to Sandin, so he could get by Sandin and the subsequent goal, awesome reffing there boys ... :(

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I particularly enjoyed the glove to the face by Radulov to Sandin, so he could get by Sandin and the subsequent goal, awesome reffing there boys ... :(

Its bad as could possibly be against us and over the entire league. That Comeau hit was dangerous minimum. Right now i am at the point where i think Dubas has to look out for his players with some toughness in the lineup to keep teams honest at least. Its not good for player’s confidence and could likely make them nervous. This is young players in Sandin and Dermott after all. Its not sending a good message right now. Teams don’t care what they do, they’ll run us without a worry. League won’t do squat that for sure.

Dubas should react

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The lack of Star penalties by refs was atrocious last night. I saw at least 4 calls that they game managed. Meanwhile the slightest little interference by Spezza was called even though the guy was not skating fast enough to make the pass. I actually started to laugh it was such a joke. and even funnier was the intentional offside call on the jumping puck. We were howling at my place. It is so bad it was funny.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Sandin hit from behind yesterday by Benn and nothing called with Ref standing right there. But yet we get a penalty for retaliation and sticking up for the kid.

NHL refs need to step up their game. Hope the Leafs send in some video of missed calls.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

Or, far more likely, adding a few "tougher" guys leads to the Leafs getting penalized more, as the lazy refs use that as an excuse to just go nuts with penalty calling. As they did in 2002-2004.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sandin hit from behind yesterday by Benn and nothing called with Ref standing right there. But yet we get a penalty for retaliation and sticking up for the kid.

NHL refs need to step up their game. Hope the Leafs send in some video of missed calls.
It was actually Blake Comeau who hit from behind. Before that Benn went to hit Sandin which he did and never got knocked down, since he kept skating like nothing happened.

Also right before Dallas scored their 2nd goal I saw Sandin's face basically get held by Faksa's right arm and that was another obvious penalty that was not called.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It was actually Blake Comeau who hit from behind. Before that Benn went to hit Sandin which he did and never got knocked down, since he kept skating like nothing happened.

Also right before Dallas scored their 2nd goal I saw Sandin's face basically get held by Faksa's right arm and that was another obvious penalty that was not called.

Yeah, its not just personal perception any more! The refs are bias. I hope we win the cup multiple times for payback and boo/mock the refs unmercifully as a tradition from now on. ;)

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Or, far more likely, adding a few "tougher" guys leads to the Leafs getting penalized more, as the lazy refs use that as an excuse to just go nuts with penalty calling. As they did in 2002-2004.

Likely very true unfortunately ha.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014

Tinfoil hat time: in a fair world you're right. But Bettman's prerogative is one thing, make money. Personally I don't trust the league's officiating not to be bias towards leaning towards heavily favoring teams the league wants to see win. ..and the Leafs are not one of them. If the Leafs get scrappers... the league just rejoices because they have one more method to stop them from any success. From Kerry Fraser, to locking out the league when the Leafs cupboard including Brian Leetch, etc... to implementing this salary cap. Nothing the league has done has helped the Leafs at all, except make it so impossible for them to win, that even in a city like Toronto where tanking is impossible, happened to the point they ended up getting top picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad