Player Discussion Derick Brassard appreciation thread

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
It seems that no one has made one yet. Just to say goodbye to an absolute beauty of a player.

We'll miss you Brass-God. Your season points per game never quite met my expections, but your clutch/60 was off the charts.

Feel free to post your favourite Brass moments here.

EDIT: Um... welcome back temporarily?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smeddy

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
his goal vs. the Rangers in the playoffs last season that bounced off a million people it felt like to go in was one of my favourite moments. so much tension leading up to that play where he comes on as the extra attacker to eventually tie the game. in hindsight, you were definitely worth the price we paid for Zibby. gonna miss this guy but i don't hope he wins a cup (with pittsburgh atleast)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Will miss Brass... Was one of my favorite players when he was here. Good skilled player with lots of heart. Started off rough with only 39 points last season but he has been trending the right way ever since the playoffs last year. He was a part of lots of nice goals with us in his short time here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am happy for Brass getting another crack at the cup and escaping this fn tire fire.. I feel sorry for any player signed to this organization right now

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Underwhelming in his time here, and doesn't seem to have much drive or passion for the game. That being said, he was our 2nd top goal scorer this year and is playing the best hockey he's ever played for us...He was playing to get out and we should have got more for him.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Thanks Brassard, he was key to the magical 2016-2017 season, which seems like a distant memory now.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'll never forget that goal vs Boston. I've rarely ever been as excited as I was when I saw Erik make that pass.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Big fan of Brassard. A stabilizer for the forward group. Could play with anyone. Wasn't prone to mistakes. Playoff performer. Was really hoping he'd be here until he retired.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
He was great in the playoffs and he's been solid this year.

Cya later, Hope Pitt has an early first round exit so that 1st becomes a mid round pick

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
You can say Brass was inconsistent and I think that would be fair. However, he was also a character guy that could put up points when it mattered. I just hope the other dead weight on this team (Oduya, Smith, Burrows, Ryan) are shown the door at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad