Player Discussion Derek Ryan

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I dont get why Holland collects playrr under a certain level. It cant be a top 4th liner or 3rd liner. It has to be that stone hands, hard working, sometimes bonehead penalty taking -4th liner.

The only one I Iiked so far is Sceviour and Shore. Both are 12-13th forward and shouldnt be higher.

Hollands weakness was he had a major bottom 6 piece, Archie. If he fall, one of two fundamental defensive pillars where gone.
So guess what. It happened.

And the reason why Holland hasnt shopped Turris is not because no takers, he is a benchmark, stopgap for holdong youngsters from given spots. Holland has a point with his philosophy, but Turris almost hurts the team.
Man there are absolutely not takers for Turris.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
No, ofC. Oilers (Tippet) I bet was the only team employing him.

But i Think we seen the last of Turris.
Cant belive this player had 30-40pt season before coming in.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He just looks stronger now and this is a player suited to a structured game. I was down on the player because it looked like he didn't know what the hell he was doing most of the time under Tippett.

Might have been an injury but for all I know it might have been something else. If he can be the useful player he was brought in to be that would be huge. It would be like trading for an extra center at the deadline that has an extra year of term. I'm still hesitant to say he's turned it around but this is a cerebral player.
The reason I mention a possible injury, is that he was playing very well at the beginning of the year, then went into a deep lull (like a bunch of guys), and then the last 3 weeks or so, he's been good. And most of those 3 weeks were under Tippet.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
No, ofC. Oilers (Tippet) I bet was the only team employing him.

But i Think we seen the last of Turris.
Cant belive this player had 30-40pt season before coming in.
Never wanted him in the first place, and to have him signed to a multi-year deal was outrageous.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
System player looking much improved under a coach who actually runs a system.

Shocking. :sarcasm:

Yep, he looks better as a complementary winger support for Nugent Hopkins who's been hot since returning from injury. Ryan's production is at least a saw off to his last and worst season in Calgary which was trending downward the past several years. Smart guy who's likely a short-term place holder on the third line.

This team moving to the three centre spine since the Kane acquisition is starting to gain traction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad